Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Hey ho, just been informed my role is defunct. Redundancy here I come…
  • AndyRT
    Free Member

There you have it, 6 years and no reason other than budget cuts. I am just a number (apparently). Anyone got good advice in regards to the whole HR debacle?

glasgowdan
    Free Member

You can try and fight your way, but unless you feel singled out for some particular reason (a boss with a grudge, discrimination of some kind), or get messed around with redundancy payments or something like that then you will just get burned.

br
    Free Member

How much cash (in net terms) have you got, and how long will it last you?

Plus you can sign on for JSA.

ononeorange

All the best, Andy.

thehustler
    Free Member

Dont burn your bridges

Dont call your bosses/colleagues anything stupid

Do ask what the selection criteria was for choosing you (if more than just you do your job role) as just because you are the cheapest to lose isn’t a good enough reason

Do make sure you get at least the minimum you are entitled to as your package

richmars

Yes, ask about the selection criteria but in my experiance, they fill the names in first and make the numbers add up to give the correct (for them) result. I was in the same position exactly two years ago, best just to take the money and get on with life, stuff happens.

AndyRT
    Free Member

I intend to be as nice as pie, but just don’t want to be taken for a ride.

Luminous
    Free Member

Sorry to learn that you’ve got to get onto the job hunter tread mill.

I hope things work out for you, and PDQ.

Good luck.

AndyRT
    Free Member

Thanks

anokdale
    Free Member

Good luck on the job front mate never a good time to get that sort of news.

rich_tee
    Free Member

Sorry to hear your news – happened to me a few years ago.
    Make sure company is following correct procedure, CAB (amongst others) have online information available. Use legal service help if offered. Contact job centre asap as stated ^^ as you can claim JSA and transport costs for going to interviews.
    good luck!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Hey ho, just been informed my role is defunct. Redundancy here I come…’ is closed to new replies.