Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Hewlett Packard or Cannon printer
  • project
    Free Member

Looking at 2 printer/scaners today ,40 quid price range, but inks are about 20 quid for each both same price, always used Hewlett Packard.Be used for leaflet printing, occasional pictures, and photocopying/scanning.

Which brand uses less ink and gives better service, also the Cannon one felt decidedly heavier, so probably metal chasis as opposed to plastic.

Advice required

Clobber
    Free Member

Very pleased with my canon mx885, after very frustrating experiences with hp and epson

z1ppy

HP everytime, just becuase they work reliably, forget the rest of your requirments

Squidlord
    Free Member

My last HP printer gobbled ink and broke almost as soon as it was out of warranty. Just bought a Canon, very happy with it so far.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Canon here too. Not a single complaint even with long periods of none use. I have the MG5550 which you can pick up for £60 if you can stretch that far

ratherbeintobago

Canon great but they’re not the best at getting OS X drivers out promptly (have a photo printer that no longer wrks as they’ve not released drivers for years, and until 10.10 always had three months of being unable to use the laser printer every time Apple released an update).

Epson have launched an inkjet that does’t use cartridges but bottled ink; would consider this when my inkjet dies but for the fact it doesn’t support AirPrint.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Have had a mix over the years currently HP but I think they are the same really.

zedz
    Free Member

Had a Canon in the (smallish) office for about 5 years Pixma500(?). Bought an HP for home, lasted 13months irregular use. Just got rid of it and got another Canon Pixma625(?).

Use ‘Inkredible’ for cartridges which I order three packs in advance so fairly reasonable.

Wouldn’t buy HP again, but that’s just my experience. Use it for Print/ Copy/ Scan.

Oh and for drivers need you to direct search the internet, not through OSX update. Not too difficult, find the driver package, run it, job done.

jojito
    Free Member

Cannon every time. Had two HP’s. Erratic, poor print quality, unreliable. Cannon different league..

Cougar

I’d avoid cannons for home use. They’re really noisy and tend to make big holes in your walls.

bigG
    Free Member

Buy an HP compatible printer and sign up for the instaink programme. I pay about £1 a month and they send me new cartridges when the old ones are about to run out. Simple hassle free, I love it.

craigxxl
    Free Member

I’d avoid cannons for home use. They’re really noisy and tend to make big holes in your walls.

Boom! Boom!

alexpalacefan

Please don’t buy HP products, they’re complicit in the ethnic cleansing and genocide in Palestine.

BDS lin here.

Alex

bigyinn
    Free Member

Im quite happy with the Epsons I have at home and work. They are cheap to buy, compatible ink tanks are cheap and last quite well.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Hewlett Packard or Cannon printer’ is closed to new replies.