Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • He's back! Mad eBay bike monger returns.
  • bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

He’s drilled the cranks too 😯

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

It shown as “sold”. Not ‘listing ended’, “sold”

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

This really is the gift that just keeps giving.

There’s not actually a cassette on the back. A full long cage mech but no cassette.

kayla1
    Free Member

It’s a geared hub in the frame, isn’t it, driving a singlespeed rear wheel? I love the idea but the reality is disturbing.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

I’m no engineer but it looks mental.

Listing has ended so maybe some crazy person has bought it…

busta
    Free Member

So many questions!
    Are there really 24 gears in that downtube gearbox/hub arrangement? If so, how?
    How is it attached to the downtube?
    Who machines a custom bracket for 2 brake callipers and then attaches the callipers with thumbscrews and replaces 1 rigid brake arm with 2 compressible gas struts?
    It’s such a weird mix of what appears to be intelligent engineering and stupid design.

acidtest
    Free Member

There’s not actually a cassette on the back. A full long cage mech but no cassette.

And it’s connected to the shifter by the looks of it. Need more pictures.

jonba
    Free Member

I’d have bought it. Who ever did buy it must be crazy – who buys a 26″ wheel bike in 2016? Madness.

kayla1
    Free Member

Ah… If it’s an 8 speed hub with a 3 speed cassette on the back that’d make… fingers… toes… BF’s fingers… 24 gears!

Frankenstein
    Free Member

The mountain biker’s Banksey!

thomasthetankengine
    Free Member

Dope. It says dope on it.

ryan91
    Free Member

Amazing really, for £100 at a local machine shop, £10 at a nearby scrapyard and another £10 worth of rattle can paint you can add over £1000 to the price tag of a bike. Who’s the lucky owner now I wonder ?

callmetc
    Free Member

I made a generous offer of £18.59 but got declined.
    must of gone for a little bit more

jbproductions
    Free Member

Rotors are the wrong way round.

Were the photos taken in Cash Converters, right after they told him to **** off?
    A quick Google shows that the seller is indeed a Cash Converter franchisee so they didn’t tell the seller to **** off unfortunately for her. Going by the sellers name, she is Spanish hence some of the piss-poor english, though better than my spanish.

chiefgrooveguru

Maybe it’s a money laundering front?

😉

Baznav
    Free Member

Holy S**t had a guy in the shop claiming to be the buyer and what did we think, we said get your money back after he showed us the pic on his phone, now I kind of want to see it in the flesh.

Lazgoat
    Free Member

Aha, the thumb screws in the rear brake calipers are because the “…brakes can be turned on and off”! Quick release brakes, it’s the future apparently.

If there’s a gearbox on the frame why is there a derailleur with a cable going to it? Surely just a chain tensioner would suffice?

stevedoc
    Free Member

Looks Enduro weight ready to me

doubledunter
    Free Member

No spokey Dokeys, Im out :/

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘He's back! Mad eBay bike monger returns.’ is closed to new replies.