Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • Herpetoculturist – Show me your snakes
  • bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Snakes especially pythons do not like wide open space they get stressed. They like to hide. A 8ft vivariums is sufficient for a 15ft snake.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Does that mean all wild pythons are receiving counselling?
    Did the python that gave this statement have permission to speak for all of his kind?

CountZero

Does that mean all wild pythons are receiving counselling?
    Did the python that gave this statement have permission to speak for all of his kind?

Clot.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Don’t see how I’m afraid. The welfare statements are merely opinion.
    I’ve only read one balanced alternate opinion on here and that was from OP.

mrsfry
    Free Member

Maybe a thing called ‘Observation and Study’ of snakes had something to do with it 😉

slimjim78
    Free Member

But this doesn’t answer my question regarding wellbeing of snakes in the wild. To suggest they don’t like open spaces in general, IMO, Is borderline rediculous.
    Fact is, they are free to roam to whichever space they prefer, hang out for as long as desired, and move along when needs require. That’s the life cycle of a free animal, and the right of any wild animal.

I’m done on the thread now, wasn’t my intention to offend anyone so I’ll leave you be. Just is a subject close to my heart so feel the need to speak out from time to time.
    Sorry to see that some of you are unwilling to consider other viewpoints, whereas others may be more open minded. Glad to see so many are passionate about caring for their ‘pets’. Perhaps one percent of my view will rub off on someone one day, that’s a start.

luke
    Free Member

My lad had a corn snake as an early Christmas present we aquired it from someone who was moving it’s just over 3 foot in length, he loves the horrible thing and walks around the house with it.

Xylene
    Free Member

Snakes are a general nuisance for me.

Came back late from a ride with the family a few months ago. Went back out in the car to pick up some milk, and as I was about to pull out onto the entrance to the driveway – I thought – What tosser has put a branch across the driveway.

The branch started to slowly ,move, hopped out of the car, security guard came to see why I had stopped, jokingly told him to move the snake, he got all shy and said he couldn’t.

It was very fat, and moving very slowly – reticulated or burmese, from the length ¬3m and markings, ,most likely reticulated.

Had one in the garden of a house a few years back that took 5 snake rescue workers to man handle it into a bag.

Regularly have golden tree snakes and keke (sp) needing removal from the grounds. A very nice whip snake was around the car the other day, and regularly have small bamboo vipers, or pit vipers around.

andypandy85
    Free Member

We’ve got a Ghost Corn who’s just over a year old and a Common Boa who’s around a year old. Can’t upload pictures at the mo, but they’re awesome! The corn is an incredible eater, much less fussy than our boa which is strange!

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘Herpetoculturist – Show me your snakes’ is closed to new replies.