Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • Hero or Tosser – YOU DECIDE
  • aether531
    Free Member

Obviously I’m jealous of the skills, and I’m not sure I’d be so showy if I could do them, but he’s obviously put the hours in so fair play to him.

toby1

Why the hate?

A busy CHILDREN filled area ….

Northwind

Just having fun; neither

smatkins1
    Free Member

All fair play until this one “popping his front tyre against the wall before hopping back” that doesn’t sound very cool to me.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Oh come on people, this isn’t some session on the analysts couch, seize hold of a side like some kind of frenzied terrier and rend it asunder with wild ferocity, devoid of reason or fear

taxi25
    Free Member

Tosser, but that doesn’t mean I think he’s a bad person.

DezB
    Free Member

How big was his willy?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

I’ll ask the wife (for an estimate)

dbcooper
    Free Member

Hero – because the only person he was trying to impress (himself and maybe some other oiks) will have been impressed, so thats all that counts.

zigzag69
    Free Member

Enduhero. Or Endohero. Or something.

davosaurusrex

Not bothered either way but lolz @ TheLittlestHobo’s story! Bet your mates were on the floor laughing! Quality punchline too, well done.

squoglybob
    Free Member

I doubt very much he was trying to impress you, He prob did it to turn the “Laydeez hedz” and maybe get a “SKILLZ” comment from an admiring young Kid, If my 11 Year Old had seen something like he’d have been made up.

Followed sharply by a “Dad can you pull off tricks like that” followed by a “OH Why not” i mean, have you tried impressing kids these days on bikes, it takes some pulling off i can tell you, its fine while they are bobbling about on the Greens, but when they get a taste for the Blue’s its not long before they get on the Reds.

Live and let live,

I Sauntered past Arc 1800 in the Alps earlier this season and thought as it was quiet i’d ride down the Galvanised staircase to the Cafe, Imagine my surprise when the silence was shatarred by what sounded like 1,000 horses hoofs galloping up an escalator at the same time.

Every table was occupied and although no one actually tried to Kill me they very nearly did as the Cajun Chicken Salad gave me proper indegestion due to the fact that every one just sat staring at me.

Very embarassing, needless to say, 3 days later sat in the same courtyard some bafoon came hurtling down the very same steps and i made a right song and dance about it,

Teh Ironing………….

mrhoppy

Someone was doing that at Degla earlier this year. I was thinking wannabe try hard, looked closer it Was ratboy. I think he’s allowed to.

jamj1974

If he was seriously showing no consideration and putting people at risk of harm = instant tosser. If only person at risk was himself – not a hero but I am envious!

jamj1974

Some time ago a guy rode past me to get on to the Lower Cliff climb at Cannock. He did it by rear wheel hopping onto a large (18″ – 24″) log and then wheelied off. No fuss or grandstanding – went past very rapidly indeed. If you are on here dude – nice riding and I am seriously jealous!

coolhandluke
    Free Member

neither a hero or a tosser, just riding along the way he see’s fit and if that’s his fun, so be it, I’m sure lots of on lookers also thought it was good.

martinhutch

Wheelies are completely pointless unless you have an adoring crowd of pensioners and children to watch you, so Grizedale courtyard sounds ideal.

ads678

As I don’t know him and he has way more skillz than me, he’s clearly a tosser!!

But if he was one of my riding buddies he’d be a hero and it’d be a whooping and a whaling and high fives all round. I’d then pretend that i could also do stuff like that if i had the correct tyres or my gout wasn’t playing up or something…..

zelak999
    Free Member

Tosser

beermonst3r44
    Free Member

Clearly skilled ams enjoying himself. Providing he wasn’t sneering and bigging himself up fair play. I can’t even wheelie properly.

teadrinker
    Free Member

Did he stop for cake afterwards? I’m on the fence till I find out, and as for you dear sir please don’t use the phrase “yadda, yadda” ever. 😉

tang
    Free Member

I think some people get a bit excited with a crowd. At mayhem the amount of grown men I have to ask not to ride through the trade area(kids, people milling about) at full pelt and do a 4 inch bunny hop over the cable cover is amazing.

wrecker
    Free Member

He’s more of a hero than I am, I don’t even know what a fakie is.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Any fit secretary lasses in the cafe?

deanfbm
    Free Member

I vote some hero messing around on their bike.

I certainly feel conscious at times that i could be viewed as showing off, end up holding back a bit, when in fact i’m doing far less “showing off” than if i were on my own.

Bikes are toys at the end of the day, go play.

slackalice
    Free Member

It sounds like he was riding on just one wheel for quite a long time and turning around also on just one wheel, so I would be impressed and a little envious of his sense of balance and one-ness with his bicycle. Which would definitely place him in the hero of the two provided options.

I don’t think I would have been impressed with the brand of bicycle he was doing it on though, they seem to be quite commonplace nowadays and nothing to be proud of.

I am a bike snob.

winch
    Free Member

Who knows, one of those kids may be inspired by his antics and eventually become the next Danny MacAskill.

Also, I am totally ‘that guy’ and I don’t want to have to come to terms with being a tosser.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

To the 10 year old in me a hero. But obviously a tosser to the jealous middle aged unskilled slightly fat bloke constantly lamenting a wasted youth and regretting not spending all those hours i spent playing with lego and watching Danger Mouse out on my bike instead, learning something I could impress some random people 30 years later – even if they did think i was a tosser.

helpful1
    Free Member

Nice stealth “****”/”Good guy” poll. 😉

Do you even ride bro?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Only yo’ mamma. Bro.

BTW she says your tea’s ready

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

Hero! and some Free entertainment for the kiddies 🙂

dannyh
    Free Member

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wRPXpA6BLUY[/video]

Edric64
    Free Member

What is a fakey ?

helpful1
    Free Member

riding backwards

bikeneil
    Free Member

Why ‘fakey’ and not just ‘riding backwards’?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

why wheelie instead of front wheel power assisted lift?

bearnecessities

Why bunny-hop instead of ‘convulsive body and somehow get bike airborne’?

Superficial
    Free Member

Sounds like something I’d try. So tosser.

dudeofdoom

Ok whos gonna own up to doing it 🙂

Well he entertained and didn’t harm anyone so alls good.

May even have motivated some young kid to have a go and become a famous rider – never know.

But heros to far up the scale that’s for people who help others with no regards to their self.

Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘Hero or Tosser – YOU DECIDE’ is closed to new replies.