Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Herniated disc in neck… Turbo?
  • doug_basqueMTB.com

Hi guys, was hoping to get a bit of experience and advice from some people. Very briefly I hurt my neck and ended up rushed into hospital in quite some pain. I didn’t do anything I can think of to cause it, riding my bike a lot though. Thinking back over the years I’ve often had a pain in that area, just not like the recent episode. A week on morphine and I’ve found out that I have herniated my c6-c7 and messed up down to c3 as well. The nerves are being pinched right at the root so the operation is a biggie and drugs are the main treatment. No biking for a few weeks. Anyone with any experience of similar and how did using a turbo feel? Don’t want to make it worse but also want to keep my fitness up, especially as I was coming into this season faster than ever! Dr didnt seem convinced one way or the other but advised me to take it easy.

PS Anyone booked up with us don’t worry, I’ll be back for the season and we have a great team to help! I’m a bit backed up with the emails I couldn’t answer but other than that everything is normal.

oldbloke
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that Doug. I’ve neck trouble although different causes (mostly being hit by a car) so different in nature but still needing changes to cope – I can’t ride on drops on the road bike so changed bars etc.

I do find the turbo helpful as part of staying fit because whilst using it I can stretch, sit up and generally move around to get the right posture to help my neck in ways I can’t do when on road or trails. That may compromise the riding, but for me it helps both fitness and mobility. Just make sure you know what positions are good and bad for the neck before you start.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Cheers Oldbloke. I have a neck collar so might try using that at first on the turbo.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Herniated disc in neck… Turbo?’ is closed to new replies.