Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Hermes lost delivery
  • charliemort

Apparently, it was “signed for by the a gardener who left it in the green bin”!!

And There is no gardener where the delivery was made……..

So who else to use in future?

cloudnine
    Free Member

DPD or interlink express

rocketman
    Free Member

FWIW DPD’s partner courier for low cost/low priority deliveries is Hermes

DPD pick it up, deliver it to your local Hermes courier (aka Gloria) then she brings it round to your house on Saturday morning

Go Gloria

nickjb
    Free Member

I don’t think you will find a courier with 100% good reviews

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Unfortunately, Gloria tends to sit on her arse with a car full of parcels for days on end while she watches Jeremy Kyle.

My brother works from home and the lady who lives opposite is a ‘My Hermes’ driver. I think he had to wait nearly for a parcel from them while the car opposite sat full of parcels.

plus-one

Hermes are a pile of shite …. Safer launching your parcel from a trebuchet and hoping for the best !!!!!

andermt
    Free Member

Always heard bad things about Hermes so was cautious at the end of last year when having a bit of a clear out via ebay.

12 parcels sent, 12 parcels delivered without any issues.

martinhutch

Never had bother with Hermes. Like Yodel, I think it depends on the quality of the local pick-up/drop-off person.

Proper DPD is where I’d head for anything of value, though.

aracer
    Free Member

Just for balance, I’ve sent quite a few things with them (and received some) and never had a problem.

dufresneorama
    Free Member

I’m waiting on a parcel being delivered by myHermes. Tracking parcel says delivered yesterday and left in porch… I had no porch last time I checked, no parcel either!

tonyd

Glad there’s some positive reports here, Hermes are coming to pick up 8 parcels from me today!

ndthornton
    Free Member

Have sent 11 parcels with Hermes, cant believe how cheap it is when they collect it from you as well. don’t get how they make money but not complaining.

3 of my parcels are still listed as “in progress” from over a year ago. But since I have had no negative feedback on ebay I think its safe to assume this is a clerical error.

dufresneorama
    Free Member

Looking as mine, it says delivered on Monday, but was only send on Saturday and advises to allow 2-3 working days for delivery… Hopefully it’s just an error and it’ll be here to say or tomorrow! Received a few parcels via them in the past, never had any issues.

andygreener

I used collect+ the other week. You have to drop off at a shop but it went very smoothly.

cyclomonkey
    Free Member

Never had any real issue with myhermes, i use them all the time through parcel2go and pay the full insurance, only had one item that wernt missing (launched in the vicinity or the intended address) and got all my money back.
    Current worst is dx delivery , at least myhermes attempt to deliver.

Myhermes are cheap but often royal mail are cheaper depending on the size and value

dufresneorama
    Free Member

Well myHermes pulled through and parcel was sitting on my doorstep when I got home today.
    If small parcel, I’d prefer to send RM second class. £2.80 and reliable most of the time…plus they wouldn’t leave it sitting on the doorstep.

chomp
    Free Member

I’ve sent about 50 parcels with Hermes in the last year I reckon and have had a couple take over a week but all have got to their destination without any major drama

I’ve sent probably 5 with RM (more expensive items that I wanted the piece of mind of the added insurance) and have had one go missing that I had to claim for

One of the shops I drop off at occasionally also just leave them in a pile at the back of the shop that I’m sure you could just help yourself to if you were so inclined – but never had that problem (yet)

bruneep

Awaiting delivery today, it’s also bin day. 😕

kcal

have had two Hermes deliveries in the last week. Oldish bloke, realised I’ve known him from way way back, doing as a way of earning some pin money. He’s lovely – not at all a Gloria 🙂

bruneep

Gloria has just arrived with a toothless grin with my parcel.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Hermes lost delivery’ is closed to new replies.