Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Herman's Hip-Hop Hoe Down
  • HermanShake
    Free Member

So, it’s Monday and it’s grey. I’m going to try and chat about a different Hip-Hop artist each Monday (let’s see how long this lasts).

Today’s is Percee P. He’s been at it since the 80’s, selling mix tapes and collaborating with many big names in hip-hop. This track is from Perseverence (2007) which is pretty flippin’ good.

This track is produced by Madlib, the hook is incredible and there’s bags of swagger.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCOJYavJSmw[/video]

Next week will be Madlib to connect from Percee P.

HermanShake
    Free Member

Fo’ rizzle? No love for the Hoe Down?

DezB
    Free Member

Yeah, but what you expecting in response?

rewski
    Free Member

Loving Madlib, most music out of Stonesthrow is pretty good IMO, Madvillian’s first album is a classic. Have you ever checked out DJ Troubl’s mixtape – A Journey into Fresh Diggin? Or Mind Fusion Vol 1?

HermanShake
    Free Member

Mockery/appreciation of the artist and maybe a little discussion about him and his music. I’m quite taken by his music and thought others into hip-hop might appreciate his stuff. Maybe I put this up at the wrong time of day?

Or maybe I should have put a title about safety razors, ti, fatbikes and architecture instead? 😆

warton
    Free Member

thats not doing it for me, too heavy for me

DezB
    Free Member

Hmm, like a bit of Madlib. Percee P doesn’t really do it for me though.

DezB
    Free Member

How you gonna talk about Madlib? he’s done so much stuff it’s mindblowing.

HermanShake
    Free Member

Well, that will be revealed next week on Madlib Monday!

I knew Percee would divide opinion, I think he’s awesome and do like a good bit of opinion. I shall be checking out DJ troubl after this post, I’ve just read there’s a little Quasimoto collaboration on that; sounds like a winner!

HermanShake
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT2n1hceh0Y[/video]

DJ Troubl, beat juggler extraordinaire! Poor cross-fader, it’s taken a right beating 😈

MrAgreeable

Love Percee. The like of Rakim and Big Daddy Kane might have had the edge for esoteric wordplay but he came up with lyrics that managed to cram in two or three rhymes per line. Ridiculous.

Some of his newer stuff is pretty respectable but I think his style works best over ye olde golden era backing.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RHbeDLPwsg[/video]

HermanShake
    Free Member

I was listening to that earlier! It’s great and has that bounce from early 90’s hip hop that just….I dunno, it just works.

Your username is quite fittng 😀

In response to rewski’s mention of A Journey into Fresh Diggin’ it’s awesome and it’s H E R E. I’ve never heard the “come on legs” sample un-tweaked before. Quasimoto will get his Monday soon too.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Herman's Hip-Hop Hoe Down’ is closed to new replies.