Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Here's something dark for the evening…
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

Have you ever been religious?

psychle
    Free Member

12 years of Catholic education (Roman Catholic), not religious though… I was actually the only person in my year to fail Religious Education, gave the teacher too much shit…

psychle
    Free Member

Mr Woppit, Couldashouldawoulda, RichPenny, walla24, samuri & Kit… thanks for joining me on this melancholy evening…'tis time for bed, I unfortunately have to work in the morrow 🙁 alcohol may cloud my brain but I appreciate you taking the time to post on a sad git's thread… ciao for now 8)

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

No worries.

erbii
    Free Member

I thought most angles were covered in this last thread.

brack
    Free Member

Psychie….I really stand up and salute you mate…

You are pouring out your feelings in a way that most people never even get close to realising – until it's too late.

I reckon the biggest thing is just to simply recognise that the human brain is not designed to tick over all happy and content…and that it needs varying stimulation to keep it from going 'really mad'….our deep thoughts and dark spells are something to live with rather than something to end our life for.

Words…easier said than done!!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

If I may:

When the Jesuits say: "Give us the child and we will give you back the adult", it's not just an empty phrase.

It is an unfortunate fact that the first years of life experiences are, by and large, what form your character. It has been said elsewhere that the indoctrination of children into religious dogma is a form of child abuse – something that shows in later life with adults who struggle to come to terms with living it.

To reiterate one of my favourite quotes from one of my favourite TV series:

"The world ends when you die. Until then, it's got more punishment to hand out.

Stand it like a man, and give some back…" 😈

brack
    Free Member

Hey leave religion out of this

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I don't intend this thread to turn into another god debate, but I would be more impressed if you dealt with the concept of my hypothesis than simply denying it.

In my experience, the proposal is correct.

I think psychle should take it on board and think about it – he may find it offers an indication of why he feels, as an adult, in the way that he does… (I assume you have read his reply regarding Catholic education and therefore see the connection).

cinnamon_girl

I can sympathise psychle, am having a difficult couple of days. My father has dementia and is in a nursing home. He made me a Christmas card but was unable to write my name, I cried a river. But at least he still recognises me.

Today will be another tough day, another challenge although a different one. Just got to get through it.

On the positive side and, yes, there really IS one, indulge yourself with making plans for next year. Get the maps out and plan your riding cos this is a great country for trails 8)

brack
    Free Member

Sorry Mr Woppit I did not intend to disrespect your feelings just feel that whenever someone shows a flash of feeling anything other than 'chipper' out come the prophecies and psalms.

If I was feeling uber low – I might go to a church and have a chat with the vicar…why because I know he will listen, not because I want to listen to what John and Judas did thousands of years ago.

Religion in mind preys on the weak and vulnerable and perhaps should focus some of it's efforts to repairing all of these wars, conflicts and divisions that it has caused.

psychle
    Free Member

I don't think Mr Woppit is suggesting Religion is the answer… more a possible cause, right?

You are pouring out your feelings in a way that most people never even get close to realising

It's amazing what a few drinks and a dash of loneliness can bring out… my wife's back today, a hug'll make me feel better I'm sure; who knows why she puts up with me…

CG – sorry to hear of your problems, hang tough and as you say, take your lovely Litespeed for a ride, looks like a nice day for it. Hope you feel better.

See, one thing that always gets me with this, there's nothing like CG's situation in my life, in fact on the balance of it all I should be a happy chappy, and yet I'm not… I guess that's an indication of depression right??

anagallis_arvensis

I havent been suicidal, often thought of doing some stupid risky things for fun but not managed to do much real harm. Being not able to ride my bikes for the last two years has been tougher than you could imagine though. Off to see a councellor next week on the insistance of my partner, not sure what to expect really.

cinnamon_girl

Don't forget to welcome your wife back with a huge bunch of flowers! And stop beating yourself up!

Reckon that as it's almost the end of the year, we all tend to look back and reflect on what we have/haven't achieved, which in turn unsettles us. But then put a positive spin on it and make plans for next year. Weather certainly hasn't helped either.

New Year's resolutions anyone? Or should I start a separate thread?

psychle
    Free Member

It's the end of a decade as well… makes it worse (for me anyway!)

Blower
    Free Member

Good that you've got a wife therecant she help in any way 😉

cinnamon_girl

Numbers numbers, so what? Age? What's that 😉

muddydwarf
    Free Member

The 'decade' thing is something that's been preying on my mind as well mate.
    This time 10 yrs ago i was living in a shared (rented) house with a housemate who'd just done the dirty on me and split, leaving me with unpaid bills & bailiffs knocking on the door – fortunately they where his debts not mine.
    I then met a woman i thought i was going to spend the rest of my life with, i bought a house & she moved in soon afterwards. We eventually got engaged & started talking about a family – the idea initially petrified me but i slowly came around to loving the idea.

She upped & left a year ago & i've come to realise i wasted what is probably the best decade of our lives with a woman who couldn't decide what she wanted & left me in a sexless state of loneliness whilst she figured out her life.
    Then i was made redundant in July & haven't worked since so it's been a bit of a crap year.
    I often (every day) have the sort of feelings you describe, not down enough to actually do the deed but skirting around the edge of it constantly.
    Maybe i just need a job?

RichPenny
    Free Member

i wasted what is probably the best decade of our lives

Try not to think of it like that. Surely there were loads of good times, great memories and experiences had. It's so tempting to look back and shit all over the positives, believe me I've been there. It doesn't help though. I can appreciate that the job thing is tough, especially if you're a hard working person. Can you volunteer for anything? Getting something going on a regular basis might be a help.

Had trouble leaving the house yesterday, but managed to get out for 20 miles today. Now I feel great 🙂 If only it was always so simple. I can sympathise CG, went with my Dad many times to visit my Gran, who had Alzheimers. Especially sad as she was such an intelligent woman who had written academic books, was a headmistress etc.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Well i finally managed to get out of the house today, even if just for a walk.
    (Was going to ride but being repeatedly woken by the G/F/s alarm at stupid o'clock in the am made me reluctant to get up in time)

Managed 23 miles/2200ft ascent yesterday though.

I'm already volunteering with my local authority in order to gain relevant mtb quals so i can teach kids etc & hopefully make a living from it. Banged off loads of e-mails to local engineering Co's with no success – not even been offered an interview in 4 months 🙁

I'm looking forward to the coming hard frosts to freeze the mud, although i'm not looking forward to the increase in heating costs!

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Here's something dark for the evening…’ is closed to new replies.