Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • here's a good one for stw… how to make a ship fired canon? yes, seriously!
  • gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

end of May penzance is going to try and regain the world record for the most pirates in one place, and my plan is to sail round to the site on the prom where it takes place.

its easy enough to dress the boat (15ft drascombe dabber) up in pirate flags and the like, but how can i make a firing (it’ll have to be blanks sadly)canon thats got a bit of ooomph. blank 12bore cartridge from a shed grenade would be the obvious choice, but anyone suggest a way to get a bit more BANG?

Murray
    dantsw13

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    legend
    Free Member

full broadside of spud-cannons?

Sui
    Free Member

amatures 🙄

Sui
    Free Member

amateures 🙄

http://www.tlsfx.co.uk/products/tlsfx-th-mk9/

in a blanked of bit of vitreous pipe – then you will have a proper looking canon that is UBER loud!! 🙂

Sui
    Free Member

oh the thunderflashes can be had for much cheapness if you have a friend on the forces, where they are dished out like candy

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I know a few people who have actual cannons & appropriate black powder licenses if you want..

maxtorque

Scuba cylinder, hot wire and custard powder……..

matt_outandabout

Why are all pirates from Cornwall? Because they arrrrgh.

Plank on the bowsprit?
    Chest of treasure on the stern?
    Parrot on the Mizzen?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I know people who do this stuff, pirate re-enactment etc. (side line to other stuff) and they have cannon & various powder pieces so if you want a proper broadside i can put you in touch with them.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

Cheers guys, and tempted as I am for a full on broadside it may be a bit too far. Possibly a potato/tube bazooka may work well so long as the prom is out of range. Parot on the mast is genius, cliche but genius. And a whole day of norweigen blue jokes as well. Perfect.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘here's a good one for stw… how to make a ship fired canon? yes, seriously!’ is closed to new replies.