Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 97 total)
  • Heres a bloody conundrum – Dying ex content
  • ahwiles
    Free Member

i’m not a good person.

i assume that most of my exes will die before i see them again.

(i assume i’ll never see them again – i’m not necessarily happy about that, but it’s probably true isn’t it.)

would it bother you if she died and you hadn’t seen her?

if not, don’t bother.

i’m not a good person.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I would be happy to listen to her online. I very much doubt I would see her in real life.

This has alarm bells all over it to me.

so e-mail her back, say that you are listening but not unhappy over what happened 20 yrs ago. don’t get involved in real life.

You might be able to give solace to a dying woman, you might be about to have your bunnies boiled, So chose the route that gives as much as you can to her while protecting you

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Heck no .. from another woman’s perspective as TSY said she is a psycho hose beast! 20 years ago I mean come on move on! If you don’t want to feel guilty then maybe wish her all the best but I’d be like “not interested”. I bet the men say meet up with her as you’re all intruiged if she is still a fittie 😉

2wheels1guy
    Free Member

I wouldn’t see her.
    If she needs to unload her baggage, then ask her to write it in a letter, or if you don’t want to give her your address, then an email.
    Does it take a deathbed for her to realise what a shit she’s been?

brakes
    Free Member

I’d go just out of idle curiosity if not to give a dying person her last wish…
    what’s the worst that could happen?
    life’s too mundane, in general, to pass up an opportunity like this – it might give you some content for a chapter of your memoirs

billyboy
    Free Member

Talk is cheap.

Not talking is sometimes expensive.

And sometimes…vice goes with versa.

If you think you will beat yourself up later for not doing it (I probably would) then do it.

If you think the opposite, then don’t.

john_drummer
    Free Member

someone once said “only regret the things that you have done, not what you haven’t done”

can you live with yourself if you don’t see her? would it hurt if you did?

only you know the answer

WTF
    Free Member

Bunny boiler possibly.

dogbert
    Free Member

would it be too much of a problem to go see her for half an hour?

Hearing a lot of nasty comments. Time can have a big effect on people, and 20 years is plenty…..and if she is dying then maybe she’s reflected on her life and wants to right some wrongs.

Put yourself in her position…….and take the karma points

BigJohn

Can I go and say I’m you?

But seriously, I’m very fortunate to have many friends and relatives whom I love and like. More than anybody else I know. I also know there are some people for whom I’m their only friend. I can’t start to understand what it must be like to be alone – I don’t think I’ve spent more than 3 days in my entire life when I haven’t been with company – so the thought of letting somebody die alone is anathema.

Go and see her. There might be a shag in it at the very least.

matt_outandabout

Run.

Burls72
    Free Member

I agree with Mintman. It’s not much of an effort to go and see her. Being told your going to die at such a young age must be very hard, made her think of what a short life she’s had and what she hasn’t done. She has probably just looked back at your relationship and thought I ruined a good thing there and wants to clear the air.

If she takes it the wrong way or things get a bit weird just be polite and leave, at least you’ll know you done the decent thing.

Houns

Sounds like you have a 20 year old son or daughter

uphillcursing
    Free Member

What Houns said ^^^^^^^^

martymac

id probably go, but meet somewhere public, do not go to her, or anybody elses, house.
    no need to be unpleasant, but make it clear you are being a friend only.
    IMO, relationships end for a reason, and whatever the reason was/is, its unlikely it will have changed.
    and dont give out any personal details like address, mobile number etc.
    she could be totally geniune, give her the benefit of the doubt.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Show some compassion. And be strong.

Cougar

Houns raises a good point.

She fell pregnant, didn’t want you to know, now she’s dying, who’s going to look after Junior?

yossarian
    Free Member

You need to see this woman and you know it.

atlaz
    Free Member

I’d go. I’d walk out if it seemed like she was trying to pull a fast one but I don’t see what the problem is with going to hear her out. If, at the end, all she wants to do is say sorry for being so unpleasant when you were together then you’ve done a good thing.

Big-Dave
    Free Member

i’m not a good person.

Neither am I and incredibly cold hearted with it. After 20 years I’m sure you have nothing to say to her so why speak to her. If she has been terrible to others in her life that is her burden to bear.

The fact you are on here asking shows you have doubts about her intentions. Don’t humour the daft bint.

sweez
    Free Member

What does the person who thought they were your girlfriend think??

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Could be a kid, could be AIDS, could be dieing and lonely and no one else to turn to.

If its the latter let her get on with it, she will be dead soon and wont have to worry about you any more…

If it were me I would email back and just say sorry to hear blah blah, whats up, I’m happy where I am thanks.

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Leave her in the past, as others have said she has had 19 years to get back in touch and not done so…

Also the ladies of the forum think she is up to something odd – listen to them, they are better at this stuff than we are!

Shibboleth
    Free Member

There’s only one possible solution – tell her that you too want to right some wrongs, then go round and go out for a bike ride.*

No need to worry about the mental scars, it sounds like they’re not going to last very long anyway.

*If she’s got the AIDS, bag up first and rinse carefully afterwards.

thehustler
    Free Member

Am I the only one that sees an opportunity here, go see her say al is forgiven then sh@g her brains out, you might well get the title of having sh@gged a girl to death which would make up for all the bitchy things she did to you……….

…………..or you could give her the opportunity to say what she wants to, and not worry about it as you have already moved on

7hz
    Free Member

MTFU and go and see her.

At the first sign of any manipulation etc, leave.

Otherwise, no one is perfect, we all do things we regret. If her story is genuine, you’ll be doing an honourable thing forgiving her.

mogrim

7hz +1, go see her. But wear your running shoes, just in case.

Edit: if you’ve got a current partner, clear it with her first.

Sue_W
    Free Member

Shibboleth and some of the Hustler’s comments – IMO you’ve overstepped the mark and your views are totally unacceptable.

Sickened that people can think in the way that you do – no matter who this girl is or what she might have done. And if it’s a ‘joke’ I fail to see any humour in it. So much for STW having some caring / decent people on it.

darrell
    Free Member

WTF have you got a faceache account for

and run

soobalias
    Free Member

so far the two suggestions are

1. run/ignore
    2. listen/deal

i would like therefore to suggest an alternative, tell her to **** right off and that you dont give two ****s if she is dying as its been a long time coming but is all she deserves, if you wanted to be in contact you wouldnt have rejected two friend requests

s
    Free Member

Tough call, that one.

An ex is an ex, never go back, only advice my Gramp gave me!

By all means let her have her say via email or farcebook, but 20 years is a long time, people change, you might not be the same person she thinks you are?

& likewise, there is an even bigger chance she is not what you think she is.

😉

trailertrash

I think we all want updates, whatever happens.

hels
    Free Member

What right does she have to drag you into her emotional maelstrom, if it is even true. Hasn’t been in touch for 20 years ? Some friend. You don’t owe her anything.

However, having said that, I think curiosity would get the better of me. Ask her for more detail via email, insistence on a face to face meeting sounds like an ambush. Take somebody with you and leave your wallet, and credit cards and car keys at home.

I’d also be very tempted to send in a mannish female cousin and tell her you have had a sex change !!

brakeswithface

Meet her, but do it somewhere public, and have an escape plan. Perhaps a mate scheduled to turn up after an hour for example. You’ll feel shitty for not hearing her out if she dies.

geoffj

I’d also be very tempted to send in a mannish female cousin and tell her you have had a sex change !!

😆

wwaswas

I’m with SueW – someone’s dying, regardless of their past behaviour it’s not really that funny…

I’d probably agree to meet up ‘as a one off’ but, personally, I’d go with my wife (assuming she agreed) and make it clear it’s for a limited time and there’s likely to be no ongoing discussion after that.

She has her chance to make her peace with herself and her past (which is what it’s about – it’s not about you at all) and gets to die with one less worry on her mind.

woody2000

I’d have no problem going to see her. Like people have suggested, just do it on your terms. If you don’t like what she has to say, just say so and leave. No need to be unpleasant, and you may just learn a valuable life lesson AND gain some karma points. Be the bigger person, and don’t forget to let us know what happens.

At least if she really is dying she won’t be able to run after you 😉

GlitterGary
    Free Member

If you turn up and she’s bought you a gun rack I’d start to worry.

Another option that no one has mentioned is that you could finish her off and put her out of her misery?

Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind.

DaRC_L

Just to understand – is there proof she is dying
    (sorry but this is the t’internet and people are people…)

If she is – then as others have said you have 2 options but should probably at least hear her out.

If she’s not then it’s time to run and hide, leave the internet, change your address, bank and move country.

gordimhor

I would talk to my wife/partner and if they were ok with it I would go. To meet in public on a one off time limited basis. It might be good. It will very likely leave you with a lot on your mind,any hint of the ex wanting further contact,or if she wants you to be in contact with any kids she has, I would leave immediately. Change your fb settings. We could all do with storing up some good karma

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Heres a bloody conundrum – Dying ex content’ is closed to new replies.