Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Herbalife – opinions please
  • trout
    Free Member

Done a search and nowt comes up .

Yeah I know fad diets and all that and calories in v calories out
    and it does seem to be a pyramid selling thing

my question is does it work .are the products good or not so good
    anyone used it ( good or bad news welcome )

I can get 6 months supply for sort of free ( exchanged for bike parts )
    am 16.5 stone and want to be a lot less by sept ( my daughters wedding ) and also my general health

wittonweavers
    Free Member

A few of the lads at work tried it last year. They said that it worked but I always got the impression that they were trying to justify to themselves that it was worth what they were paying.

I will enquire how many of them would recommend it now…

I personally wasn’t keen on the idea of the diet.

BoardinBob

and also my general health

An Unbiased Review of Herbalife

Its garbage. Eat clean instead

geoffj

Ben Goldacre isn’t a fan – which is good enough for me.

http://www.badscience.net/category/complementary-medicine/cam-herbal-remedies/

Robz
    Free Member

Total. Load. Of. Bollocks.
    Waste of money.
    Eat a healthy balanced diet, exercise and cut out/down booze.
    Cut out empty calories – reduce your consumption of refined carbs like white bread, rice, sugar etc. and increase healthy fats, lean protein, veg and get your carbs from low gi sources like sweet potatoes.

Spend your money on healthy food not pills and powders.

I am not adverse to supplements, indeed I use ZMA and protein powder. But they are just that, supplements to my normal diet. .

andytherocketeer

a friend (well friend of a friend) tried to get me on to a competitor product.

that too was a multilevel marketing sales method, and also kept getting legal threats for being a pyramid scheme, but always kept winning, since there is a product (and is legal and highly regulated). a pyramid scheme is merely a scheme to make money flow with no product (and is illegal).

my experience was that the product was a bit more than a placebo, and to make the MLM network marketing bit work… was expensive and needing regular repeat orders.

effectively lost a few friends because of the sell sell sell of the product, and virtually a cult in trying to coerce others into becoming downline sellers.

no idea about the herbalife product itself though.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I’ve been doing the 5:2 intermittent fasting, or whatever you would like to call it for about two years and tried to jog/run 3 times a week, lost three stone* in that time, with a good stone of that coming off in a matter of weeks. It’s something I can stick with for ever, has no ill effects that I can tell, has become part of my life, and still sees me loosing a pound every few weeks, so I’d highly recommend it.

*I’m 6’5″ so a stone on me isn’t all that to be fair, I also put on another stone or so after being ill, but I’m a good stone and a bit lighter than my best as an adult.

mark90
    Free Member

An ex work colleague got sucked in big time with Herbalife a few years back. Went to all the seminars, thought he was going to make his fortune. Him and his partner put in a lot of hours and in the end came away with a net loss. If the product was any good it would sell itself.

Gotama
    Free Member

Google Bill Ackman and Herbalife; should tell you all you need to know.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Cougar

There was a recent thread here where someone lost two stones.

ianfitz
    Free Member

A woman I used to work with used that stuff. She was really quite fat. Before during and after…

That enough for me!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Herbalife – opinions please’ is closed to new replies.