Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Henry vacuum cleaners any good ?
  • Mounty_73

Are the Henry vacuum cleaners any good ?

Anyone have one……..or actually used one?! 😉

Holyzeus
    Free Member

Yep very good. People are anti them because of the looks i guess but they are no frills do the job and go on for ever.
    Hence why us builders love them, there are other model’s available too

z1ppy

Almost-indestructable vaccum cleaner, used by my dad for years on building sites & cleaning rental properties. Great functional tools, but I bought a Miele cat & dog (cylinder, as the upright weighs a tonne) as I wanted a decent piece of kit that does a great job of cleaning, not just something that lasts.

donsimon
    Free Member

We used to hire them out from HSS Hire shops, so no problems with reliability and pretty powerful too. Robust little things too.
    Happy sucking. 😕

Kuco

I’ve got one and can recommend them.

saladdodger
    Free Member

They suck 😕

Buy once, buy right (british designed and made in Chard Somerset)

or do as we did and get a dyson piece of Poo

Henry next

BTW my mrs went to the Nuematic factory last year realy impressive set up there esppecially with the R&D, but the thing which topped it for her was everyone she saw was happy to be there, and there was a happy atmosphere to the place.

Happy staff now there is a new one!!!!

Hairychested
    Free Member

Buy a VAX, spend more, complain it doesn’t work.
    Buy a Henry, spend little, complement its work.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

As posted before my uncle was part of the original design team on working for Dyson (was called g-force back then) he uses a Henry & wouldn’t bother with a Dyson. Henrys last for years, a proper design classic. No gimmicks (apart from those big eyes) no fuss, easy to use.

stratobiker
    Free Member

Henrys suck! hard!

We got ours second hand. It’s brilliant.

hh45
    Free Member

I am another satisfied Henry user and also ex Dyson owner. Shame in some ways because Dyson does seem to have a good attitude to British R&D even if now made in Far East.

Karl33to
    Free Member

I just got my second Henry form Homebase over the Christmas break and it was only £85 – about £10 cheaper than everywhere else.

The eX ended up with the first one 🙁

Timmo
    Free Member

used henry’s for Years in the motor trade, Excellent hoovers, highly recommend them, they will happily soak up water with out issue (obviously not inches deep water but dampness from car carpets etc after a good scrubbing, Most the mobile valeters i know have them, reliable, solid, great machines, rarely go wrong, when they do parts are easy to get,

they do a Hetti in pink for ladies to use and also a james which was a lighter non internal cable wind version in yellow, great hoovers!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

One of the big advantages Henries have over some other vacuum cleaners is that you can get bags for them (they can be run bagless) which means that all the dust collects neatly in an almost totally sealed bag, which can then be deposed of easily without releasing the dust back into the atmosphere.

I believe that Henries were originally aimed at the commercial/professional market, and it is due to their no nonsense get the job done reputation, that they have slowly crept into the domestic market.

They do also have a reputation of being very tough and lasting for many years, but they are so cheap in the first place (less than a oner) that even if they need replacing, you can buy three for the cost of one Dyson.

maccruiskeen

I’ve used other people’s in a work setting – every janitor has one so they are always the hoover on hand. I think they’re fine in that context for all the reasons mentioned. But comparing them to a dyson or any upright is comparing apples and oranges. Henrys work very well within the narrow range that they’re designed for and are more reliable because of that. In the home you might want something more multipurpose and the trade off for that is more complexity and the risk something might go wrong.

Dysons can go wrong – but they can always be fixed for less than the price of a henry.

mandog

err Henry’s suck, Dyson’s suck. What’s the apples and orange difference?

You can get adaptors for both to do stairs etc.

Henry is quite heavy though.

anagallis_arvensis

we’ve got one, it seems to work but you’d have to ask the mrs 😉

skiboy
    Free Member

My wife went through 3 vacuums in 2 years, usually killed them
    By chucking down the stairs etc, she’s a bit heavy handed!!,
    Her brother brought 2 henry’s by accident for his business he gave us
    One foc and 5 years later it’s still going strong despite the abuse it gets,

nonk
    Free Member

last years.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

The prison service use them & theyr’e used daily by wing cleaners. They never seem to conk out.

jules.b
    Free Member

I’ve a send hand Henry – 10 years old now and going strong. Better than our Miele though not as smart or tactile.

joe1678

Indestructable, haven’t managed to break my company issued one even though it falls out of the van each time i open the door. I would get one myself…

brad0612
    Free Member

We had one called James at work, he was a hero!

Bimbler
    Free Member

Pretty much indestructible as virtually every one else has said, but pretty poor/non existent filtration. Not sure I’d use one at home although our Sebo costs quite a bit in bags and filters.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Henry vacuum cleaners any good ?’ is closed to new replies.