Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Henley's clothing
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Many moons ago, I seem to remember the choice of Chavs was HACKETT?

Jeremy was a very clever chap! Sold scads of v cheap polo shirts to chavs at vastly overinflated prices, which allowed him to offer excellent tailoring at very good prices to the better heeled clientèle.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

…Except that the ubiquitous Hacket polo was popularised by City bankers on 'dress down Fridays' and after work. They were quite useful really, You could easily spot the dickheads in pubs and bars. 😉

I've had a rummage through my wardrobe, see what 'labels' I've got on my clothes:

Adidas
    Nike
    Hooch
    Pearl Izumi
    Bench
    Kronk
    Psycho International
    Ted Baker
    Endura
    Oakley
    C+A
    Timberland
    Rab
    Various Decathlon own brands
    Wrangler
    John Varvatos
    George at Asda
    Sugoi
    Prada
    M+S
    Levi
    Balin
    Carhaart
    De Marchi
    Calvin Klein
    Mister Byrite (!)
    Dolce e Gabana
    Spray Way
    Fox
    Ripcurl
    Berghaus
    Y3

And stuff from bespoke hand-made to cheapo market stall tat. Dunno what that makes me. Near enough every item was chosen because I want to wear it. Nothing more complicated.

greyman
    Free Member

Stussy – still got a couple of tops I wear. Me fave brand at the time.

whatever became … ??

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Mister Byrite?????????????????

😯

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yes I know! It's an old single-breasted jacket. Quite nice actually. I think it's 60s/early 70s though, because it's actually decent quality. Hardly ever wear it mind.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

greyman – Member
    Stussy – still got a couple of tops I wear. Me fave brand at the time.

whatever became … ??

Still going strong.

Slightly harder to find in the shops (in the UK anyway), but widely available online.

Their London shop closed a couple of years ago, but that was more to do with laughable Covent Garden commercial rents. They're going to reopen elsewhere apparently, it always seemed to be full of people spending loads of money.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Carhaart jeans for me.Volcom and Burton T's.

Remember when Beastie Boys used to don Paul Smith T's just after they had done 'check your head' and before Mike D started pushing X Large.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Margin Walker – Member
    before Mike D started pushing X Large.

I met my first serious girlfriend thanks to X Large.

I was at a party and she was wearing an X Girl shirt, I had an X Large shirt on so she came over to hello!

grumm
    Free Member

I used to have one of those fuct t-shirts with the ford logo – damn I was rebellious 😆

btw Bench are one of the few brands that produce clothing ranges specifically for TK Maxx, as opposed to just selling them last years stock etc – true fact!

Alcopop
    Free Member

try Aspecto for Stussy they still do a pretty good range

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

I used to have one of those fuct t-shirts with the ford logo – damn I was rebellious

on a slightly different note I had a 'f*ck me its kingmaker' t shirt when I was young and impressionable

RustyNissanPrairie

I used to wear loads of Life's A Beach clothing back in my BMX days, but then as BMX became more rider owned and street riding grew from freestyle it was all about wearing Anarchic Adjustment label stuff-dark coloured and more sinister looking than LAB had been. Stussy then took over along with Fuct stuff-a BMX buddy who started Sheep clothing the same time James Hild started Bench (another Manchester BMXer)used to bring Stussy stuff in from the states before Aspecto started selling it.
    In the years since though I've worried less about what the clothing says about me and more about its performance and price.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Fuct T-Shirt here…. Pepé Le Pew smoking a reefa… that's how I dwos it!

*limps off like only a real gangsta from Westside Oxfordshire can*

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

I remember those shirts Fuct used to do with stuff like 'It's too late to recycle' and 'Fight crime, buy a gun' on them from when I was about 15/16.

In a pre-internet age I had to go up to Slam City Skates in Covent Garden to find any sort of range.

This was back when there were only 25 or so decent skate shops in the whole country. The nearest shop to me was Off-Beat in Basingstoke, it was about half the size of my bedroom and used to have about 20 tee shirts, 5 hoodies/sweatshirts, 4 varieties of Etnies or Duffs (this was when Duffs were making amazing skate shoes, anyone remember the Strombolie?) and about 15 decks plus hardware in at any given point. That was pretty much it, you'd end up buying whatever they had rather than what you actually wanted.

There was always the option of ordering through mailorder set-ups like Rollersnakes and HSC though.

Edric64
    Free Member

#

I used to have one of those fuct t-shirts with the ford logo – damn I was rebellious

btw Bench are one of the few brands that produce clothing ranges specifically for TK Maxx, as opposed to just selling them last years stock etc – true fact!

The use of the word true is superfluous it's either a fact or it isn't

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Henley's clothing’ is closed to new replies.