• This topic has 11 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by dti.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Hengwm
  • molgrips
    Free Member

If anyone’s heard of it, I’d like to know if you managed to ride it. I tried once a very long time ago and had to carry a lot, just wondering if it’s worth another attempt cos it was an amazing place.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Maybe you should get a fat bike? 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Gis £1500 then.

perchypanther
    Free Member

On second thoughts, don’t get a fat bike.
    I’ve just this moment realised that they’re shit even though i’ve never ridden one. 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

Now stop derailing my thread with pisstaking.

perchypanther
    Free Member

You derailed it yourself when you failed to include sufficient vowels in the thread title.

jate
    Free Member

Yes I’ve ridden it many times. There is one stream crossing that is unrideable, but as long as it is reasonably dry the rest is 100% rideable from what I remember. The track is easier to find from the north but if you are riding from the south, the trick is to ignore the map which claims the track is initially on the south side of the river. Instead cross the footbridge and head diagonally up the hillside. The track is a bit unclear but it does exist and gradually turns into a very passable piece of singletrack.
    Email in profile if you want a GPX of it.

molgrips
    Free Member

Ah yes, could be that I didn’t connect with the trail having looked at the map. GPXs welcome thanks, email in my profile 🙂

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Once ended up waist deep in a hole that opened up when I stood on a piece of innocuous looking ground. The track that skirts Nant Y Moch res and north towards Mach is a much better bet than the bridleway towards Staylittle. The place has a lot of history as it was the site 500 years ago of a major battle between the followers of Owain Glendower and the English, the streams were said to have run red with blood.

dti

are you confusing hengwm with hyddgen?,
    hengwm is the cottage at the bottom of the valley on the Mach 3 climb
    Hyddgen is visible from the top of mach 3 loop and there is a link to nantmoch
    and back – Mach 4 – turn left instead of right at the top of the first big climb .

whatever – magical place at this time of year.
    maps here.
    http://www.dyfimountainbiking.org.uk/mach-maps/
    photos of recent trips on my beudybanc instagram account.
    https://www.instagram.com/beudybanc/?hl=en

molgrips
    Free Member

Hang on – there’s a trail centre up there now?

dti

there is if you go far enough – nant yr arian.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Hengwm’ is closed to new replies.