Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Henduro bikes
  • Euro
    Free Member

Are they up for a bit of DH action?

I’m trying to talk myself out of swapping the Commie 6 for one on the basis that they’re not.

I’ve now got a shortlist (no mean feat considering the choice available) but don’t want to spend 2-3k on a bike that’ll not do everything I want.

So are they (and any suggestions to make the shortlist longer)?

getonyourbike
    Free Member

They will do pretty much anything. I’ve done repeated 12ft drops before, without my Spicy snapping in 2 and/or me dieing.

Rorschach
    Free Member

They’re eggciting but not very cheep.

wrecker
    Free Member

Trouble is, you’ll have no eggscuse for taking the chicken runs.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Just make sure you don’t cock it up.

Bregante

Good compromise IMO. Better than shelling out for two bikes.

Euro
    Free Member

Very clucking funny :p

I’ve done repeated 12ft drops before, without my Spicy snapping

That’s reassuring as a 516 is on the shortish list.

Any test videos i’ve seen all seem to be on trails that are very unlike the natural dh trails i’d be mostly riding. We’re getting a few trail centre dh runs soon 😀 and they’d be spot on for that. The only one ive spied that ‘looks’ up to the job is the Enduro evo, but it’s a weighty number, considering, and kinda similar to what i’m trying to replace (commie 6.3).

stevede
    Free Member

I clucking love mine, I have a Specialized enduro and 2 wheelsets, flow ex’s for dh and arch ex’s for trail riding, gravity enduro’s etc. Race a bit of dh too, all good, plenty of fun and slack and long enough to handle uk stuff. Have a smaller bike (camber) for my more xc orientated rides though.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/289383/

I apologise that it’s all man made tracks and features but it was perfectly happy out on all the steep, rough natural stuff in Les Arcs too.

stevede
    Free Member

There was a vid of Nige page and his team in some big mountains on their nukeproof megas last year, matt Simmonds and co tearing up some big natural trails. Would be worth a google to give you an idea.

tymbian
    Free Member

Check this vid out from Enduro Me

For me it sums up what mtbing is all about.

FWIW My Meta 6 loved going down..up..not so much!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Henduro bikes’ is closed to new replies.