Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • hemlock or pace 405
  • showerman
    Free Member

got it down to these 2 frames, like the hemlock 2 rocker set up but do not want an anodized frame or black looks like that is all they offer, so that leaves the pace although i do have the foes as an outsider but cost another £600-£900 😕

BadlyWiredDog

I've ridden both and prefer the Pace, for being shorter and more chuckable and generally feeling livelier. I thought the Hemlock was good in a classic Horst-link sort of way, but not extraordinary. Then again, my Pace is better specced and set up, I think, than the Hemlock I rode and the Hemlock was very effective. That's just me though.

It's an obvious thing to say, but the best way to decide, by far, is to demo both, preferably back to back – 18 Bikes in Hope, I think, have both available if you're up that way.

Are you really that swayed by cosmetics btw? Surely if the bike rides right, the looks are pretty secondary.

santac
    Free Member

Don't discount these http://www.pronghornracing.co.uk/ rode one the other day brilliant so smooth no loss of power I need to start saving ! 150mm rear travel full XT pro 2 on 717 Fox Talas 36 all under 30lbs it was so stable and smooth you really need to try one.
    Sorry if that's thrown a spanner in the works!
    By the way it's ugly

psychle
    Free Member

By the way it's ugly

too right… that just looks un-natural 😆 but if it rides well…

showerman
    Free Member

just had enough of black fancy a little colour in my life, with the hemlock the other downside is i become a cotic owner could drive my mates away with i now need a soul to match.pronghorn i have seen before like their style.

si-wilson
    Free Member

colour you say 🙂

Rickos
    Free Member

*cough*
    White Hemlock for sale in classifieds. Comes with 2010 chainstays too!

racing_ralph
    Free Member

showerman is a lardy southerner tho 😉

showerman
    Free Member

rickos now if that was a large i would have had it…. Rob your a lardy northerner who hates home made light makers 😆

jamie@balfa
    Free Member

What Foes are you looking at?

Will be some FXR offers soon as there is the 2010 model due in the next 4-6 weeks.

J

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘hemlock or pace 405’ is closed to new replies.