Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Hemlock or 506
  • DeeJay
    Free Member

Rock – thanks for that – they look huge, but it does'nt show the bearing area – hopefully mustard will get some good shots at the w/end

Haribo
    Free Member

oi colman you off to the bill at w/e then. Give us a buzz when you get back as im up for getting back on the saddle.

roughneck
    Free Member

any weights on your builds

Mugboo

Cp the stuff on the chainstay is called frame wrap i think and is like a rubber that sticks to itself, not bling but a very good solution.

http://www.biketart.com/products/framewrap

I noticed a solution for leaking pipes in Betterware that looks similar!

As for the mech knocking, very distracting, so i have used more frame wrap around the mech as after glueing the shimano one in place the chainstay ate through it in a couple of rides..

I've yet to use the longer rocker as i bought the bike because of the 100/160 thang.

I don't use any floodgate at all and there is no undue bobbing and the Pearl seems to take big hits/drops very well.

As for climbing, i run a Summer with 140 Vans so climbing on either is fine. If i want to drop the forks to make my life easy (Hemlock) then i can but slack angles just require a bit more effort (especially if your starting off on something steep). Its worth it when you get to the top..

Questions 1. if i put a shadow mech or Sram to stop the knocking, would i have to change to a longer cable if i wanted to put on the longer rocker?

2. My bike has the Pearl shock 08, has anybody ridden this bike with both the Pearl and Fox, worth upgrading?

3. Have you noticed that everybody who has a Hemlock has a 456 or Summer…

cp

mugboo- ta for the info. In answer to your q's:-

1) The shadow mech uses much less cable anyway as the cable goes straight in from the front rather than looping round the back. you'll need a slightly longer cable with the long rocker as the 'seatstays' are pushed back slightly, but the reduced cable requirement of the shadow mech will more than compensate and you'll prob have to cut down still.

2) Only ridden with Pearl, so can't comment

3) Yep! Noticed that one too!

trailmonkey

My bike has the Pearl shock 08, has anybody ridden this bike with both the Pearl and Fox, worth upgrading?

Yes I have. In some ways, the Pearl felt a lot plusher, however in terms of overall performance ie smallbump/climbing/fast singletrack/increased travel, the Fox has made it a better all round ride.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

I don't own a Hemlock but have ridden quite a few with both Fox and Pearl on.

The only thing the Pealr does better is bottom out control (there's a monster bottom out bumper in the air can), and with the 2010 RP23s having the boost valve feature, that should no longer be an issue either.

simonb
    Free Member

Another 456 and Hemlock owner here! 🙂

Mugboo

I think i'll stick with my Pearl till it breaks then.

Roughneck I'm just under 5'8" and ride a small Hemlock and 16" On One

paulwf

And another 456 and hemlock owner 🙂

ddmonkey

Used to have a 456, want to have a Hemlock, but currently have neither!

🙄

ahwiles
    Free Member

roughneck – my large Hemlock frame weighs a shade over 6.5 lbs = 3kgs.

after that, the weight of the build is up to you…

i'm not a religous man, but i'm praying for the day when Cy makes a 8 lb Hemlock. – then i could sell the Dh bike.

Mugboo

What rebound setting does everybody use, mine seems to have about 50 clicks..(Pearl) and whats your weight?

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Hemlock or 506’ is closed to new replies.