Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Hemiplegic Migraine
  • gears_suck
    Free Member

does anyone suffer from these, or had any experience. Apparently, I’m having or have had one. My whole left side has lost all sensation. I’m crapping myself.

samuri
    Free Member

Just read up on that, nope.
    I do go blind during my really bad ones though if that helps.

Which is also quite scary.

molgrips
    Free Member

My wife gets super sound sensitive ones. She messaged me once (ages ago) to come home from work, she was hiding in the wardrobe because it was the quietest place in the house (which was pretty silent really). I didn’t know where she was so I was wandering aroung going ‘HONEY, WHERE ARE YOU?’ rather loudly… oops.

To the OP – I’d be at the doc’s by now if I were you.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I used to get them a lot as a teenager but eventually grew out of them. And yes, the one-sided numbness can be a little disconcerting.

gears_suck
    Free Member

already been to russells hall a&e. they diagnosed the headache and sent me home with a promise of a letter for a scan. fat good that will do if i’ve had a brain bleed.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

already been to russells hall a&e. they diagnosed the headache and sent me home with a promise of a letter for a scan. fat good that will do if i’ve had a brain bleed.

What tests did they do to diagnose it?

I’m pretty surprised that they’ve done that. Speaking from personal experience down here in London, if you called an ambulance and presented with severe headache and loss of sensation/weakness down one side, you’d be considered to be FAST positive and would be blue lighted to an Acute Stroke Unit. They’d then make the decision of whether or not you’ve got a migraine or something more serious!

mattbee

I temporarily lose sensation in my left arm and the left side of my face when I have migraines. Usually as the ‘aura’ is fading and the pain is starting, can last for anywhere between ten minutes and an hour or so. To be honest, it’s more the feeling that someone is trying to escape from inside my head using mining equipment that bothers me more.

headfirst
    Free Member

My whole left side has lost all sensation.

Well there is one bonus to this if you’re on your own…won’t say anymore, don’t want the banhammer coming down on me…

molgrips
    Free Member

Strokes don’t hurt, do they? I thought your brain couldn’t sense internal trauma as pain?

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Strokes don’t hurt, do they? I thought your brain couldn’t sense internal trauma as pain?

Some people complain of severe headaches when having a stroke. A sudden onset severe headache is a symptom of some bleeds on the brain as well.

gears_suck
    Free Member

I can’t explain the physiology of it but yes they hurt.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Hemiplegic Migraine’ is closed to new replies.