• This topic has 10 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by cnud.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Helvellyn conditions
  • cnud
    Free Member

Thinking of attempting an out and back from Glenridding via Sticks pass next weekend, anyone been up recently? How wet is it? Cheers
    Darn it, that should be in the Chat forum shouldn’t it.

scary_carey
    Free Member

I did Nan Beild on Friday and included a fair bit of High Street and the trails were the driest they’ve been in yonks. I imagine Sticks Pass will also be in a state of dryness. However this is the Lakes we’re talking about, next weekend it could be a foot under water 🙂

jekkyl

Might see you there cnud, me & mar mate are doing it next Saturday, up keppel along the ridge to the summit then back to sticks and down. Hoping for good weather too, gonna do the bash if weather’s shit. Camping at lane foot.

cnud
    Free Member

Cheers for that, fingers crossed it stays dry then. Not liking the sound of 52mph winds though!

cnud
    Free Member

Jekkyl, what’s the “bash”?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Your asking on a forum what the weather will be like on a mountain in a weeks time???

Worries me what expectations some people have about being out in proper mountains…its not a trail centre, or a trail !

tomaso
    Free Member

It is quite dry on top at the moment, but there are still patches of snow here and there. And the bogs were still boggy wet and deep – I know tried and got a good dunking…

Its gonna rain this week a bit and it looks like rain now.

Mates in the club are planning the epic 4 pass special that is the Tour of Great Gable. But when you go up high it is very weather dependent.

ks562
    Free Member

Rode Helevellyn last week – tops are running fast and dry, very boggy on the Dodds though so wouldn’t recommend that route.

Borrowdale Bash – one epic tour of Borrowdale with hard road climbs followed by awesome descents – best part for me is the castle crag descent, baby heads and rock slabs galore!
    http://www.keswick.org/content/doc/lib/4718/adventure-cycling-keswick-borrowdalebash-route3.pdf

justinbieber

Helvellyn, Keppel Cove, Lower Man and Dollywaggon are all snow free and riding brilliantly at the moment.

There was a bit of snow left on Sticks a few weeks ago, but not sure if that’s still there.

Here’s the top of Helvellyn dropping down towards Dollywagon, taken at about 6.15am on Good Friday.

cnud
    Free Member

Lol @ funkydunc, didn’t really read the OP did you? if you’ve been up before, you’d know what I was asking. Thanks to everyone else btw.
    Edit: Borrowdale Bash, of course

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Helvellyn conditions’ is closed to new replies.