Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Helvellyn and High Street IAD – How far is it?
  • boxelder

You two fancy a crack at Skiddaw, Helvellyn and high st.
    I have a plan…….

tomaso
    Free Member

I was out today in the Lakes doing lowish stuff and it is dry and dusty and fast. High Street must be as good as it will ever be, but its not a trail that ever justifies the effort for me. It does take you a fair distance across the fells though.

This thread needs pictures :mrgreen:

thegeneralist
    Free Member

You two fancy a crack at Skiddaw, Helvellyn and high st.
    I have a plan…….

Oh, I thought you’d never ask 😳

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Funnily enough I was thinking of Skiddaw, HS and Hellvellyn as an option. Which got me wondering what the significance of those three was. I came to the conclusion that it might be that they are the highest mountains in England with bridleways to the top. Is that the case?

I’d be well up for giving it a go. However I’d be keen to leave a car at the far end rather than there are back, but maybe I’m just soft.

The problem is timings, I was mad keen to do HS and Helvellyn at the weekend there as the family was on a school camping trip at the Lake and I had a pass out for the full Saturday and was in the exact location for that route. This rarely happens, I think I only MTB without the kids about 2 or three times a year.

But yes, what route were you thinking?

thegeneralist
    Free Member

and more to the point, Which Two?

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Helvellyn and High Street IAD – How far is it?’ is closed to new replies.