As ever, I'd be grateful for some help!
I'm looking at mid-week Helvellyn hike-a-bike in the next few weeks. I'll be doing it with a proficient, if not experienced mountain biker, so looking for a route that makes it most likely that he'll enjoy it. I'm not too bothered about extending the loop to take in other summits etc. If straight up and straight-down is great enough, then that will do. Start/Finish same place. I've walked Helvellyn plenty of times from Glenridding (a few different ways) – so am familiar with the routes visible from Red Tarn beck.
Ways up/down that I can see:
1. Glenridding > White Side (over Keppel Cove) > Lower Man > Helvellyn
2. Glenridding > Sticks Pass > Raise > White Side > Lower Man > Helvellyn
3. Patterdale > Grisedale > Dollywagon > Nethermost Pike > Helvellyn
4. Thirlmere (Wythburn) > Nethermost Pike (via Comb Crags) > Helvellyn
5. Thirlmere (Thirlspot) > Brown Crag > Lower Man > Helvellyn
6. Thirlmere (Thirlspot) > White Side > Lower Man > Helvellyn
7. Thirlmere (Legburthwaite) > Sticks Pass > Raise White Side > Lower Man > Helvellyn
Wide, Shallow-ish track, well-marked, minimal exposure etc. would be ideal, but not at the expense of the best experience. I'm happy to come back and try others in the future.
I was thinking either up 1 then down 2 or 3.
Any advice? Cheers.