Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Helston Falmouth area – any good rides?
  • robustruth
    Free Member

Helston, Camborne, Falmouth – need to book accommodation in this area for long w/e in May. Any good riding nearby or advice about bike friendly accommodation?

scaled
    Free Member

depends how much you wanna spend on accommodation, I’ve stayed in some lovely holiday cottages in Falmouth/St Mawes (2 of them are in the grounds of Falmouth castle itself and i certainly would not condone riding round the grounds of the castle after the staff go home 😀

There’s a nice enough C2C ride but its very easy going

carlphillips
    Free Member

poldice or ‘mars’ has some dh runs there, is it cornwall freeriders that run it there..all free iirc. not sure about xc though, sorry.

orena45

Ay Poldice has plenty of DH runs but it’s good for a play about on your ‘XC/trail’ bike too. There’s a good bridleway network with some good techy stuff around that area, extending towards Redruth and Camborne so plenty to link up.

The Freeriders and the Trailriders both ride around this area and both post rides on their Facebook pages so have a look for them if you’re on FB.

Stevede knows some good trails around the Helston area so might be able to help out with that area.

Foundry
    Free Member

Its pretty hard to find down here so best go out with some others. The coast to coast is nice and easy and there is plenty to explore off of Poldice valley. iF you want to go out for a proper ride the get hold of Cornish Trail Riders[/url.
    Accommodation I can not really help with as I live here and I dony have to worry about that, if I can be any further help then please feel free to contact me.

georgecats_0
    Free Member

helston will be busy around 8th may as its flora day,a nice coastal ride from mullion to porthleven,up on to tregonning hill/godolphin hill,plenty of lanes around helston to avoid the main roads too

timber

following on from Georgecats, in the same area is Cober valley, coast path Rinsey to Prussia, Carleen to Trew or down to Methleigh bottoms across the downs. Head west from the cross on Tregonning and North off Godolphin for what I consider the better descents.

If you’re there for Flora Day, just head to the Blue Anchor, should be some special Spingo on.

timber

and Degibna/Penrose from Helston, would go clockwise.

JimSu
    Free Member

thanks for all those suggestions.
    Robust and I will check them out.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Helston Falmouth area – any good rides?’ is closed to new replies.