Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Help:Talk to me about going tubeless!!!!
  • Bikepimp
    Free Member

Firstly I have a set of Mavic crossmax slr wheels and just bought a pair of Bontrager XR2 Expert tyres which are tubeless ready. I have the valves ready if I want to go ahead. What’s the best way to do it and how much sealant required. Tyres are 2.3 front/2.2 rear. Comments appriciated.

Cheers

steve_b77
    Free Member

About 90ml will do nicely in a 29’er tyre, should go up with a decent track pump.

Simples

blairc70
    Free Member

Put tyres on as normal, pump up until seated ( usually pop or bang 35psi+) let down, unscrew valve, pour / inject sealant in via valve hole 60ml-90ml. Screw valve back in. Turn tyre through 180 degrees ( valve at top ) Pump up until seated, shake, twist, bounce, roll tyre round. Bingo. Drop pressure to desired. Ride.

Bikepimp
    Free Member

I’m running old school 26″ tyres so 50mls in each tyre. Best to use co2 inflator initially?

garage-dweller

Depends on the sealant I think.

Never had an issue with Slime but I think Stans is not co2 friendly.

I only use CO2 rarely. 9/10 times track pump does the job.

Other advice above is good.

Bikepimp
    Free Member

Alright thanks for the comments.

Cheers

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

Watch the YouTube videos either joes sealant or stans and use either the yellow tape or gorilla tape

mrmo
    Free Member

i currently have my bike lying on its side and pissing sealant out of the sidewall of one tyre. hopefully it will seal.

Just thought i should mention.

The tyre went up fine with a track pump, just has a few “leaks”.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Don’t use co2, the cold blast is really bad for the sealant. For home use the air shot is a great thing for stubborn combinations.

rOcKeTdOg

I used a bontrager charge pump yesterday to get 26.5×3 TLE tyres to seat on scrapers. Satisfying *BANG* when they went on. Then unscrewed valve, added stans & reinflated, did the stans shuffle & spin to coat the inside (more important on a used tyre) refitted wheel to bike & went for a 30 mile ride

njee20
    Free Member

Watch the YouTube videos either joes sealant or stans and use either the yellow tape or gorilla tape

No tape needed, they’re UST rims.

kerley
    Free Member

With a dedicated rim and tyre I wouldn’t anticipate any issues. I have never had to use more than a track pump to inflate any of my tyre or rim combinations.

legend
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg – Member
    I used a bontrager charge pump yesterday to get 26.5×3 TLE tyres to seat on scrapers. Satisfying *BANG* when they went on. Then unscrewed valve, added stans & reinflated, did the stans shuffle & spin to coat the inside (more important on a used tyre) refitted wheel to bike & went for a 30 mile ride
    POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST

You’ve added an unnecessary step there. Just put the sealant in right at the start, pull the lever, dance/shuffle/whatevs, adjust pressure, ride

chrisdw
    Free Member

2nd the airshot for tricky or loose combinations. Brilliant thing. Much more effective than a compressor.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Help:Talk to me about going tubeless!!!!’ is closed to new replies.