Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Help….me create my project steel wheels and frame needed and creative minds.
  • brack
    Free Member

Ok I plan to design and build a gate for my back garden using a bike as an integral part of the steel gate.

To this end – I am asking if anyone on here can help me with some of the items that I require.

I am booked in on a ‘creative blacksmithing’ course in May at West Dean college near Chichester and would need all the items before then.

I have a good idea of how I want the finished gate to look but am open to ideas if anyone has any.

I originally planned to use an antique bike, but to be honest it doesn’t exactly fit with what I am about….as a confirmed retro kona head I am starting to think that an old Kona would look fantastic!

So any creative ideas/ scrap Kona’s knocking around? Oh and where the heck am I going to get steel wheels from?

Cheers STW.

tryfan71 AT hotmail dot co dot uk

molgrips
    Free Member

Any really cheapo bike from at least 10 years ago will have shiny steel rims. Ebay, classifieds, or better still a local tip, skip or canal will sort you out.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Help….me create my project steel wheels and frame needed and creative minds.’ is closed to new replies.