Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Helpless males on the trails
  • cinnamon_girl

Discuss …

iDave
    Free Member

never seen any

mrlebowski
    Free Member

More info needed..

In the meantime Ill put the kettle on.

cinnamon_girl

I came across two today. I was a knight in shining armour. 🙂

sharki
    Free Member

Migrating toads already?

Northwind

Usually I’m fine but if one of those “woman” things comes along my brain switches off.

FarmersChoice
    Free Member

Bloke skills – sadly very much in decline I think.

kimbers

i just act helpless in the hope that ill get blown off on the trails

IdleJon

I once rode into a fence when I saw a lady MTBer riding towards me.

She didn’t stop to help…..

brakes
    Free Member

were they riding through your kitchen?
    how did you help them, without putting down your iron and mop?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

What was their problem? Lost? Broken bike? Riding incompetence?

backhander
    Free Member

Sexist.

Mantastic
    Free Member

They only stopped and looked pathetic for a possible glimpse of camel toe

CountZero

I once gave a bloke a spare innertube ‘cos he didn’t have a puncture kit and had to get back to Swindon from just above Avebury. He wasn’t a serious biker, tho’, more a weekend-warrior type with a pretty cheap bike. Does that count? Pumped it up for him, too.
    Oh, and tightened a loose crank bolt for a teenager on a bike, but that was a cheap bike, and neither father nor son had any serious tools. But then, I’ll bet many don’t carry that size of wrench or Allen key.

allthepies
    Free Member

MAMIL ?

markrh
    Free Member

Countzero, you pumped it up for him?!
    I like the cut of your jib. 😉

falkirk-mark

I came across two today

Thats the diffence CG, if that was me (or any other bloke) and a couple of females I would probably end up on the sex offenders register. 😆

househusband

Helpless males on the trails

Is this a fantasy of yours, CG?

Discuss, please… 8)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I only carry one riding tool with me, and it ain’t much use for fixing the bike…

Pook

Hairy Hands Says No to Sexism

cinnamon_girl

I knew I could rely on you guys to make me chuckle. 😀

They asked me if I had a patch to fix a puncture. I said no but had an inner tube, they then mentioned tyre levers. Yep got those plus a pump. Got them sorted and suggested a double-check that it was definitely in the drop-out.

They were most impressed with my self-sufficiency and chain cleaning advice was also given. Give them their due, the realisation of not having the basics hit home. Most appreciative of help given.

Were full of smiles as they had been having a great first time at Swinley. Mind you, I can just imagine the tales being told of this mad old woman in the woods. 🙄

cinnamon_girl

Oh and I think it’s only fair to confess to standing by the trail fluttering my eyelashes in the hope that a gentleman will come to my rescue and fix my bike. 😉

Kahurangi

Very good of you c_g, however please don’t tarnish us all with the same brush! I tied my own shoe laces this morning! 😀

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I forgot to wear pants today 😳

cinnamon_girl

Jon Taylor – you need to get your Mum to buy you shoes with velcro. 😉

TSY – did you, er, enjoy the, er, freedom? 😉 Did any of the ladies notice or were they too polite to comment?

Will you be doing it again tomorrow? 😉

samuri
    Free Member

They were most impressed with my self-sufficiency and chain cleaning advice was also given. Give them their due, the realisation of not having the basics hit home. Most appreciative of help given.

Of course, by the time they get down the pub tonight the story will have changed to them finding you all dressed in lingerie and while they fixed your bike up for you, you kept complaining how hot it was and took all your clothes off..

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I think I’m going to pack my gym bag tonight so that I can make sure I’ve got pants ready for after my swim. Thinking ‘outside the box’ I call it.

cinnamon_girl

samuri – lol. I should think all men could only dream of having a young fit bird to help them on the trail. 😀

TSY – you have to let go of that box. ‘Attachment Disorder’ by the sound of it. 😉

Had a great ride today, nailed some descents that I’ve not managed to do before. 8)

Bunnyhop

I doubt they’ll tell their mates. What man would admit that a dashing damsel came to the rescue.

DickBarton

I would…doesn’t ever happen to me though…even in my fantasies…:(

scraprider
    Free Member

no such thing.

gordimhor

S.Y. surely you meant to say”thinking outside the boxers” boom tish coat 🙂

cinnamon_girl

Bunnyhop – ‘dashing damsel’ is hardly the phrase I would use! The guys were only about 20 years old but very sweet.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Falling off my bike in front of a MTB girl and looking helpless and pathetic, must try that.
    Yours
    Desperate
    😳

Kahurangi

you need to get your Mum to buy you shoes with velcro.

Slip-ons today (as I’m in the car) followed by velcro MTB boots tonight. Hooray!

Sometimes I wish I ran tubes so that some dashing damsel could come rescue me and sweep me off my feet 🙂 and pump my tube up

samuri
    Free Member

I doubt they’ll tell their mates. What man would admit that a dashing damsel came to the rescue.

Well last time it happened to me I admitted it but she was so insistant, riding along behind me threatening to call for an ambulance and fix me up. I finally let her help me just to shut her up.

cinnamon_girl

In your dreams samuri. 😀

cinnamon_girl

PS lol at that tag. You’ve obviously never met me. 🙄

Sandwich

A man youth can dream!

Bunnyhop

[/quote]Well last time it happened to me I admitted it but she was so insistant, riding along behind me threatening to call for an ambulance and fix me up. I finally let her help me just to shut her up.

Samuri – You were in need of several stitiches and this damsel was quite concerned about the amount of blood spurting out of your elbow. Good crash though 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Helpless males on the trails’ is closed to new replies.