Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Help! XTR M980 Rear Mech
  • mashiehood
    Free Member

Hi folks – i am trying to find out whether the new XTR 10 speed rear mech comes in rapid rise? I have heard they no longer come in rapid rise config (which will really annoy me!) Can anyone confirm?

gothandy

I heard the same, very annoying as it now means swapping rear mech on my other bike. So if anyone knows different be great to know!

gnusmas

i hope they are not stopping doing rapid rise, personally i think they are better and now my wife wants to change to RR too.

Mister-P
    Free Member

There is no rapid rise in M980. It is something to do with the shape of the Shadow mech apparently, it can’t be made in RR.

gnusmas

are there any RR rear mechs still being made?

mashiehood
    Free Member

damn it – i am tempted to dump the 10 speed idea (anyone want my brand new 10 speed XTR shifters, XTR chain?)

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Mashiehood – how much are you after for them?

mashiehood
    Free Member

firstly i am going to go outside and beat myself over the head for not checking then i will consider my option – damn you shimano!

Mister-P
    Free Member

Yes there are still XTR RD-M970 and XT RD-M770 rapid rise mechs still being made at the moment. However they are 9 speed so no good to the OP.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Do 9spd and 10spd mechs have different swings then? I thought the indexing was all via the shifters? OR is it?

Mister-P
    Free Member

The cable actuation ratio is different between a 9 and 10 speed MTB Shimano rear mechs.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Help! XTR M980 Rear Mech’ is closed to new replies.