Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Help! World Marathon Champs
  • andrewh
    Free Member

I’m trying to get myself an entry to the World Marathon Champs in August. However, this is not as easy as I thought it would be.

Qualification is not an issue, got myself some UCI points at Margam 🙂 Thought that would be the hard bit done.

BC’s website says to contact the organisers directly, which I did do. They are not very good at ansering emails though. It also states on their website (as best as I can understand it from what i remember of my GCSE German 10 years ago) that entries must be through one’s NGB, only entries to the support races are available directly through them.

I have emailed BC but had no answer. I rang them, but Allison Johnson is off sick and Roger Wilbraham’s phone just goes straight to answer machine as he is away.

I’m not trying to get a place on any sort of offical team, I can be self-supported/funded, I just need a bit of help to get an entry. I know it’s still 2 months away, but entries to National champs usually close some considerable time beforethe event and I can’t see this being any different.

Has anyone here entered? If so how did you do it and through whom? If you know someone who is going could you please ask them to contact me and_howett at yahoo.co.uk

Any help or advice much appreciated.
    Andy

andrewh
    Free Member

Address should of course read andy_howett at yahoo.co.uk but with a @ and no spaces obviously. Probably a phew moor spilling mistaeks in their two.

njee20
    Free Member

XC Racer may be the better place to ask, fairly quiet forum, but a fair few more racers on there.

andrewh
    Free Member

Thanks Njee. I have asked on there, and on the SXC forum too. Finally had an answer from the organisers confirming I do need to enter via BC, so I will just have to keep phoning them.
    GB has 15 places apparently. I hope it’s not going to be another one of these things where BC send two people who might get a meddal and waste the other places, only for their two riders to crash, break their bikes and DNF. We need ‘meddal no-hopers’ like me to finish (last) and get some points!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Help! World Marathon Champs’ is closed to new replies.