• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by zedz.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Help with tyre choice
  • duncancallum

I’ve just swapped off my Conti race-kings to the high roller super tacky that where on the bike when I bought it. I have to say in comparison to them I feel like the grounds coated in treacle.

I ride mostly round Rivvy and I am not the most aggressive rider anymore hence the hr’s being overkill.

I would like something that’s a reasonably good roller on hard terrain but is wide enough to ride through some shite. I was thinking about

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/continental-trail-king-mtb-tyre/rp-prod113230.

I know tyre choice is a personal think but there are that many out there a point in the right direction would be nice.

gonzy
    Free Member

try the same tyre in the harder compound

jonba
    Free Member

Trail kings or Cross kings have both been good for me. Trail kings are slightly better in the mud but slightly slower on hardpack.

Yak

reasonably good roller on hard terrain but is wide enough to ride through some shite

sounds like a spesh ground control in a 2.3

zedz
    Free Member

I could do with some HR’s in super tacky. I have a Conti MK/Rubber Queen Combo to swap in 26″ if you’re up for it. I haven’t put them on a bike yet, or also have two lightly used 60a HR’s if you prefer. All 26″. Base near Rivvy too, usually ride over there on my road bike so could pop them round.

Let me know, email in profile. Easier to swap then buy new IMO.

duncancallum

Zedz I Will email you

zedz
    Free Member

Cool, trip to London tomorrow, back to normal Monday.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Help with tyre choice’ is closed to new replies.