Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Help with TV aerial?
  • nukeproofriding
    Free Member

So we moved into our new house in June, and our TV signal worked fine, we just used the existing aerial cable. About a month ago the signal started getting weaker, we bought a signal booster which we plugged in and that seemed to work for a while. Now it doesn’t at all and we don’t get any signal.

Anyone got advice on what this could be? Is a new aerial required? We’ve been considering ditching it all together and getting freesat as the signal is apparently quite good on the south coast. Would rather just fix it if possible though.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Aerial def still on the roof after all that wind?

Cougar

Probably needs aligning?

The thing with boosters is, it’ll boost all the noise as well as the signal. They’re good for boosting long cable runs, less so for improving a weak signal.

rondo101
    Free Member

My money’s on the aerial having moved or water getting in the coax.

I changed mine myself recently, using these guys http://www.aerialsandtv.com/ for online advice & ultimately to supply the cable, pole, aerial & fixings. Previously had a “bacofoil” aerial which blew down in winds earlier this year. I’m lucky enough to both have direct line of sight to my nearest transmitter & a central valley roof, which made changing it really quite easy. HD freeview has been perfect since.

nukeproofriding
    Free Member

Piedi, funny as that sounds, it’s something I will definitely check. We have had absolutely howling wind around here lately so I will check to make sure something hasn’t unplugged itself or broken.

Cougar is that something that I can do or is professional kit needed?

The aerial our main tv uses is on the roof on an extension, so not too difficult to reach with a ladder, just not been up there yet.

The tv in our spare room upstairs uses an aerial built into the roof because the house is grade 2 listed so nothing can go on the main roof. This aerial works fine but we can’t use it for the downstairs tv because it’s just too far away and we also can’t just drill holes in the floor like we could in our old house without alot of expensive prep work.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Help with TV aerial?’ is closed to new replies.