Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Help with Truvativ Giga X Pipe (GXP) removal ……
  • bollard
    Free Member

and destruction of it i wish ££££££…..
    The middle ring has lasted around 9 months !!!
    Must be made out of my daughters playdoh,also the bb which is the 2nd one has lasted around 6 months although the shop tell me its the better version than supplied with crankset(team version)
    so i'm looking for a replacement middle ring (not playdoh) and a half decent bb that will work with this chainset (hopefully not a truvativ)
    the bb i have sourced is £20 ??? and yes its truvativ !!

help also if you know what the best way to remove this chainset it flew on but will not come off !

seasons gretings happy new year one and all 😀

ps. going to scotland the 2nd weekend in december was not a good idea. Not only smashing my pedals but finshing off the said components as well, plus the wife was not best pleased of the date chosen 😆

Del

i see some shimano in your future.

Gary_M
    Free Member

gpx cranks are a doddle to remove. Remove crank bold from lh crank, pull off lh crank, slide out crankset – may need a tap with a mallet. I use £20 bb on my cx bike and it lasts around a year.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bollard
    Free Member

cheers gary_m did you use a big sized allen key to remove the outer bolt first or just undone the one inside ? also where you hit wih the mallet on the lh crank arm near the bearing ?

handyman153
    Free Member

Gary_M – Member
    gpx cranks are a doddle to remove. Remove crank bold from lh crank, pull off lh crank, slide out crankset – may need a tap with a mallet.

I might be wrong here, but dont the GPX cranks use a self extracting bolt like the SRAM road ones? If so you undo the smaller 8mm allen key and it should pull it out by itself? (could be completely wrong)

Once off, you might have to tap the axle with the mallet, the bit the LH crank arm has just come off.

Cheers
    Josh…

bananaworld
    Free Member

Undoing the smaller bolt inside "should" pull the crank off. It works by self-extracting against the outer bolt (with the larger allen hole in it – am I making any sense…?)

The secret is to make sure that the outer bolt is done up tight and then undo the inner bolt.

After the LH crank is off, the RH crank/axle "should" just slide out. Rubber/plastic-mallet-smackage is a fine suggestion.

(EDIT: wot Josh said :-))

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Help with Truvativ Giga X Pipe (GXP) removal ……’ is closed to new replies.