Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Help with shoes. ( of the spd disco slipper variety )
  • Zoolander
    Free Member

Looking at some new shoes but have only had the budget end of the specialized range prior. Anyone know if diadora shoes are any good ? Some good deals on crc if the rrp is realistic http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=50948 not sure about gold shoes but could put up with it if they are decent ( will be covered in mud anyhow )
    Or should I go with shimano ones such as these? http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=47511

Anyone any experience of either?

djflexure

I noticed that Planet x have some good deals on Look spd shoes at present.

dmetcalfe
    Free Member

No experience of the diadora, but the shimanos have had really good reviews, a lad I ride with uses them and is really impressed with them.

Jason
    Free Member

I have been using a pair of the Shimano M161 since the spring. I really like them, I have always used Sidi before but couldn't justify the cost/lifespan of a new pair of Sidis, so thought I would try Shimano instead. The shoe are very comfy, and have stood up to lots of use very well over the last few months. I haven't got them really muddy yet (use my old shoes when it is wet!) but I would imagine they will clean up ok as the white bits are all vinyl. Only downside is they are fairly heavy

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Diadora spd shoes and boots are good.

There's an ebay shop Absolute Cycles who do them really cheap. The only problem is sizing. I'm normally a 44 but take 45 in Shimano. In Diadora I need a 46!

Zoolander
    Free Member

Cheers for the replies. Has to be from crc as I have some vouchers otherwise the ones from on one look a good bet. Think am leaning towards the m161 s – the diadoras do have carbon soles though – does the really make much difference?

nickc

In the world of zero body fat racers I'm sure carbon soles make a difference for the rest of us I'm not certain…

clubber
    Free Member

I can recommend the M086 – unless you're a serious racer it does everything that the more expensive ones do and is arguably better for all round use.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Carbon soles are for extra stiffness rather than just lighter weight.

clubber
    Free Member

Agreed but is that extra stiffness any real benefit unless you're really quite a serious racer? IME, no. (I have/had carbon soled shoes for racing and keep them for that).

namastebuzz
    Free Member

That's true indeed clubber.

However you're overlooking the main benefit of carbon soles – bragging to your mates about them 😆

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Help with shoes. ( of the spd disco slipper variety )’ is closed to new replies.