Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Help with route weather station clowbridge/ Burnley
  • pendlechris
    Free Member

I have done a loop a few years ago, upto weather station, then instead of fairy steps, gone left to eventually join quarry, then on to winfields, down side of Hollands pies to accrington, then I took a road near police station this headed up a cobbled track and you came out at a pub on the Burnley to accrington rd, does anyone know the road, and also a good way to loop back to clowbridge, we used to go mill hill picnic site over railway canal to in on wharf (pint) and back up Manchester road, is there another way to loop back round?

rich89
    Free Member

Sounds like the old railway lines which come out on nuttall street and turned right towards police station, from there it could be a few ways really but sounds like you could have been more towards peel park area which is just off Burnley road.

pendlechris
    Free Member

Yes I think it’s the old railway line, then you went past police station cross the main road and headed up a road that became a cobbled track and if I remember rightly you end up on the tops opposite the quarry over looking the bypass to winfields bypass from Burnley

coynie09
    Free Member

The road across from the police station is Sandy lane but the only one i can think of wich has cobbles is Plantation Rd at the top it becomes a cobbled track there are a few track’s up there that take you up to the top road(A56)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Help with route weather station clowbridge/ Burnley’ is closed to new replies.