Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • help with ritchey p-29er sizing
  • superlightweight
    Free Member

I’m considering a 2015 Ritchey P-29er frame. I’m a bit out of the loop with MTB having spent the last few years on road bikes so I don’t really have anything to compare to for sizing and fit. It looks like I’d be between a L(19″) and XL(21″) based on effective top tube measurements but the L seat tube seems very short. I don’t really want to end up on a gate (XL) but worried that I’ll need a ridiculously long seat post on the L! FWIW I was also considering a pipedream skookum but they are proving to be a nightmare to deal with!

So anyone out there with a P-29er want to comment on the sizing? I’m 6’2″ and ride a 60cm canyon road bike and once-upon-a-time had a series of Large santa cruz superlights…

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

xl

superlightweight
    Free Member

Thanks – are you speaking from experience or just going by my height etc?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    salsa
    Free Member

I’m on a medium at 5′ 11″, yes I have a lot of seatpost out but the reach is actually not as long as I thought (top tube actual 22.7 inches) with a 10cm stem, I could have fitted onto a large so XL would probably be ok.

DanW
    Free Member

Having a lot of seatpost showing won’t cause you any problems. Having the wrong reach will. That said I compared my current geo (large Scott Scale) to the P29 here and I’d be on a large as well. I’m 5’9″ so I would have thought you’d be after an XL although fit and feel are very personal

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

I’m 5’11, 34″ leg. I went for large. I’d say for you XL.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘help with ritchey p-29er sizing’ is closed to new replies.