Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Help with replacement rr shock.
  • slownorm
    Free Member

I have a stumpy 120 fsr pro and I want to replace the rr septune shock.
    I haven’t got a clue what to start looking for or whether the new shock will be able to just fit back on.
    I would like to have a lockout and that’s it really any help or advice greatly appreciated.

Conan257
    Free Member

The Septune is 190×47. If you can source another shock then that’s the size you need.

Alternatively, a 200×50 will fit, but will steepen the head angle slightly…

I was in the market to replace my Septune as well, however decided the best option is a service instead.

Just to clarify. 190×50 will not fit as the linkage will hit the frame.

slownorm
    Free Member

Thanks for the help.

slownorm
    Free Member

Sorry for being thick but really am as green as I am cabbage looking when it comes to rr suspension!
    If the septune is 190×47 and although it would change the set up slightly I could fit a 200×50 then why would a 190 x50 shock not fit.
    All help greatly appreciated.

Conan257
    Free Member

Sorry this dropped off without me realising you’d posted.

Take all the air out of your septune and see how much space there is between the rocker arm and the seatpost pillar.

You *might* have 3mm, but I believe the majority of frames have less than this, due to the eye to eye length being the same, the difference between 47mm and 50mm means that the rocker arm travels further up towards the frame (probably around 6mm further at the end due to leverage).

200×50 fits because it pushes the shaft further away from the frame enough for it not to be an issue. You also get around 7mm more travel and a slightly steeper head angle.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Help with replacement rr shock.’ is closed to new replies.