Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Help with On One Inbred Slot Drop 26" Rear Brake.
  • phunkmaster
    Free Member

Hello,

Am aware that there were some issues with Avid brakes but am struggling to set up Shimano SLX rear brake.

Have got it set up at the moment with a 160mm rotor but have to put 5mm spacer under one end of the calliper to stop it from catching. Without spacer between mount and calliper, the top of the rotor catches as though the rotor is too big. Correct rotor/mount etc.

Have tried 185 Avid rotor, Avid brake mount and SLX calliper (with and without CPS hardware) with no luck. Not even close to fitting.

Please note that all of the above combos have worked on other bikes. Even the Avid rotor/mounts with Shimano calliper. Can leave it bodged as it is but would like to have it set up properly. Am willing to try 180 Shimano rotor but wanted to see if I am missing something before shelling out.

Any advice appreciated.

Have contacted On one but know that there are plenty of Inbred riders here.

Newer, 26″ version with taper lock, single speed in case you need to know.

Thanks.

phunkmaster
    Free Member

Anyone?

ulysse
    Free Member

Shimano XT went straight on the back of our slot drop out Inbred with no drama?
    But i was running it derailleured if that made a difference

phunkmaster
    Free Member

It’s hurting my head.

It has those mount tabs where the rear has vertical movement and the front horizontal rather than the slide back and forth version. Just cannot seem to set it up without a bodge of putting spacers under one side. And as for the 185 rotor, no chance. Even with CPS hardware the calliper was 10mm away from mount.

Have ordered a 180 Shimano mount to use with the 160 rotor to see if this solves the issue. I have looked at endless photos on the net with no joy.

Thanks for your input.

Picto
    Free Member

Same as above. Ran shimano slx on 2 inbreds without probleme, 160 rotors and no spacers.
    Mounting slots were both horizontal though, allowing fore and aft movement.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Help with On One Inbred Slot Drop 26" Rear Brake.’ is closed to new replies.