Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • help with looking for a full sus xc bike
  • jono84
    Free Member

Hi all im in the market for a full suss xc bike
    i have my eyes on a 2010 merida ninety six hfs 3000d its for sale at 1800 comes with full xt, dt swis 445s? Fox fl100 work w/remote lock out an a motion x rear shock which i understand works well on this frame seems fairly good spec for what it is. An weighs about 23lbs i think. I’ve struggled finding many reviews on it not sure if anyone has any experiance of them? Only thing ive been warned about is its got a short top tube so may be cramped. Most of my riding is on the lincolnshire wolds but i do have the odd trip to a few trail centers a handful of times a year so most my riding is fairly open rolling an not massively technical i currently own a giant nrs and I’ve never felt like its limited travel is holding me back however as i do wonder if a 120 would be a better choice for me i just dont like the idea of extra weight holding me back as i do like speed lol. Other options I’ve considered are Scott spark not sure on model giant anthem or a spech Camber any one got any opinions on any of these or anything else i should consider when biking a bike. Or any other bikes to consider? …. Sorry about the long post its just a subject I’ve been pondering on for a while. I do like the look of the merida would just like some backing on it other than from the pushy lbs 🙂

geoffj

I struggle with long sentences Get yerself to a demo day.

4ndyB
    Free Member

How about a Cube AMS 110 Pro from your local Lincolnshire Cube dealer?

You could test my 2010 AMS 100 to get a feel for the Cube AMS 110. The 2011 AMS 110 is very similar to my AMS100 in how it rides.

My AMS 100 is perfect for the Wolds and trail centres, they’re well worth looking at for the sort of riding you’re doing

If you’d like to have a test of the Cube let me know.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

4ndy B – How do you like your Cube? I’m looking at the AMS 110 SL but have no possibility of a test ride…

I’m looking at Giant Anthem, Scott Spark, Canyone Nerve MR and SC Superlight too, did you ride any of the above in comparison?

Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘help with looking for a full sus xc bike’ is closed to new replies.