• This topic has 19 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by ski.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Help with long distance flying fear- Doc or Hypnotist?
  • hora
    Free Member

Ive asked this before (old forum).

Any personal recommendations for a Hypnotist over a visit to the Doctors? (i.e. chemical).

I have no fear when it comes to prop-small planes/city hoppers/old prop-city hoppers etc. Infact I’d be the first in the queue for a go in a fast jet! Its the really big planes- convinced they are old and knackered.

juan
    Free Member

MTFU 😀

uplink
    Free Member

Only fly on new jets?

Then again that French one that fell to bits over the Atlantic was quite new

Just have a few drinks?
    I’ve just come back from the US & sat upstairs on a 747 which looks just like a little plane, try booking seats upstairs?

BigDummy
    Free Member

How afraid are you? Does it just worry you a bit, or do you have to be sedated? I reckon if you have to be sedated the right course of action is to take the boat in future. Otherwise you knew the answer, and juan gave you it. 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

convinced they are old and knackered.

Most of them are. I’ve been in some right old kites in my time, duff wiring inside, odd noises in the engines etc. Scares me rigid too, as does the thought of being at 33000 feet. I like to look out of the window so I can quantify it. I like to know the arrival time so I can be ready for landing. (Had a REALLY scary landing in Sydney – 747 was being chucked about in the wind like a crisp packet. I was sh***ing myself, sweating, white knuckes, the lot)
    Put it this way, if it does go tits-up there’s only going to be a couple of minutes of abject terror before a mercifully quick death, so it’s not as bad as cancer, say….And at least you’ll die trying, not lying in a bed!

I’m not really helping here, am I?
    😕

hora
    Free Member

Japan. I dont think I could be pissed for that long..

Best mate flew (non-stop?) to Oz- said he got pissed before he got on the plane, sobered up, got pissed then sobered up again. When he got off he was dehydrated and worn out (hes like me on planes).

BigDummy
    Free Member

When I last flew to Japan, JAL 747s had the top deck as economy class. So try what uplink suggests maybe.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Go get a face tattoo – you’ll sleep through anything. 😀

mefster
    Free Member

IanMunro
    Free Member

You’ll be fine.
    Just check the cargo bay for snakes beforehand.

STATO
    Free Member

Had a REALLY scary landing in Sydney – 747 was being chucked about in the wind like a crisp packet

What you have to realise is this sort of thing happens every day and yet very very very rarely does anything ever go wrong. Certainly your much more likely to be involved in a car accident in 100 journeys than you are flying.

mos

just give up on flying like i did & try & disguise the misery of being a total failure that can’t overcome his anxiety with some eco blox about being a carbon goodie. Then spend £35k on a flash harry camper van just before the crappest summer ever & never use it because you don’t actually like camping.

Anyone wanna buy an 07 T5 sexy camper van with a massive bed in?

Hairychested
    Free Member

Mos, I’ll give you a tenner.
    Hora, watch DVD and fall asleep. No problem as long as you don’t masturbate before dozing off.

amosridl
    Free Member

“if it does go tits-up there’s only going to be a couple of minutes of abject terror before a mercifully quick death, “

I used to be bad with flights until one day on a flight someone offered me this.

It’s odd, when I do get tense, I sometimes will the thing to go down just to stop the tension.

Odd logic I know.

willard

Not scared in small planes? Try coming back from Alderney in a gale flying in a plan so small that it’s known as a war canoe with wings.

Look up the trislander sometime.

On a side note, if they don’t prop up the rear of the plane before the passengers get out, the plane sits on its arse.

roper
    Free Member

Try and speak to an NLP Practitioner, a good one should help you resolve it.
    Failing that Richard Bandler, one of the NLP founders has a lot of books and things, he is a bit of a weirdo but I have heard good things about it.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s941m7CKft4

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

What you have to realise is this sort of thing happens every day and yet very very very rarely does anything ever go wrong. Certainly your much more likely to be involved in a car accident in 100 journeys than you are flying.

Oh indeed it does, you’re 100% correct.

I keep telling myself that, but when you can see only floor one second, and only sky the next, it gets pushed to the back of your mind by WE’REALLGONNADIE!WE’REALLGONNADIE!WE’REALLGONNADIE!WE’REALLGONNADIE!

kennyp
    Free Member

Simple answer…….look at the statistics. Chances of anything happening to you are incredibly small.

zarquon
    Free Member

*whispers* you do know that the equations they use to model flight and design are wrong don’t you?

ski
    Free Member

My uncle cured my fear of flying.

Years back, had a emergency landing which totally bricked me, worst bit was circling, burning off fuel knowing there was a problem with the plane!

Did not fly for 4-5 years after that, until my Uncle, who is a helicopter pilot, took me up in one & really scared the nuts off me!

Now flying in a plane is a breeze.

hora – you just need to find something that scares you more than flying in a plane 😉

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Help with long distance flying fear- Doc or Hypnotist?’ is closed to new replies.