Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Help with location in old pic; lakes? Tornado?
  • tang
    Free Member

Just found this pic today. It’s the family Van circa 1979 and I think it’s the lakes. The story with this photo is shortly after it was taken as my dad had the boot open and I was sat in the drivers seat with the door open a massive wind came out of nowhere, slammed the door shut on my Dad and then sucked me out! I remember hanging on to the steering wheel with my 4 year old legs being pulled out, Mum freaking, then it just stopped and I plopped onto the road. As we drove down we saw a twister going across a lake! I secretly hoped it had been a tornado that tried to pull me!
    Anyways, does the foramistas know the location, and how likely my fantasy is?
    [/url] Untitled by tangwyn, on Flickr[/img]

Dobbo

Looks like Honister

tang
    Free Member

It does indeed! Nice one. Do tornados fly down the pass?

brokensoul
    Free Member

I plopped onto the road.

It must’ve been scarey. 😯

tang
    Free Member

Yes probably, not on the road mind.

mintimperial

I distinctly recollect seeing a small whirlwind thing on a blustery day on Catbells above Derwentwater when I was a kid. It was quite small, not a tornado or anything, but it was still pretty amazing, whirling grass and leaves around and whatnot.

crazy-legs

Foot of Honister Pass, the Buttermere side looking East (well, sort of ESE)

tang
    Free Member

Sweet,that seals it. I can now tell my grandchildren that I was sucked out of a split screen on Honister pass by a tornado.
    Daily mail backs up possibility.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2050511/Freak-tornado-rips-roof-Cumbria-nursery-leaving-toddlers-wreckage.html

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Help with location in old pic; lakes? Tornado?’ is closed to new replies.