Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Help with google calendar – syncing on Apple / Android
  • sweaman2
    Free Member

So I’m sure this has been covered before but my useless search skills couldn’t find it. The time has come for Sweamrs and I to have a shared calendar for events etc as otherwise Sweajnr (3 years) is going to find himself cold and hungry at some point in the future. 😳

I’m on google (gmail etc) but Sweamrs is in Apple.

I’ve got my calendar in google and have added sweamrs’s Apple ID to the sharing ID. I’ve also downloaded Google Calendar from the Apple store onto sweamrs I-pad. Currently she can’t see any of the events..

So… what am I doing wrong / haven’t I done yet?

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

Have you gone into the ipad settings and enabled the google calendar. Settings/mail/accounts/your g.mail account then enable all the buttons you want to synch. You have to sign into your google account I think. Not sure if just having the google calendar is enough as ours synchs the g.mail account which covers all bases
    It can work ‘cos ours does!
    I hate setting up new accounts—-

GrahamS

You don’t need any special apps – you just set up a Google account on the iPad and it will show events in the built-in Calendar app.

https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/99358

We have multiple Google calendars: me, the missus, the kids, other stuff. All appear in Calendar on our iPad and iPhones (along with Facebook events), plus normal access via the GCal website on a PC

sweaman2
    Free Member

Thanks – I’ll see if that works. I suspect you’re a bit more tech savy than me…

Cougar

Pretty sure I did what Graham suggests. I created a separate “Shared” calendar in my Google Calendar and then gave my OH’s Gmail account edit rights to it.
    Keeping a separate calendar is handy so she’s not getting reminders of my work appointments and so on.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Help with google calendar – syncing on Apple / Android’ is closed to new replies.