Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Help with ghetto tubeless
  • Pieface

I'm struggling to inflate the tyres. The beads are nowhere near the rim so the air just blows out the sides. I'm using a track pump. Would a compressor (or garage tyre inflator thing) put air in at a faster rate than it escapes or is it just an impossible rim / tyre combo.

Its a no name rim with Maxxis Swampthings and using Stans sealant.

carlphillips
    Free Member

valve at top, i push down on tyre with palm of my hand and squash the tyre down against the rim normally inflates 1st time with a track pump doing this. try seating the tyre down by thumping it with the palm of your hand thats anothe thing i do before inflating.

good luck

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Will

do you have a luggage strap? if so put it round the tyre tight. This forces air into the bead area and "pops" the bead. Also NEAT washing up liquid on the bead helps.

and BTW PIKEY **** 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    grumm
    Free Member

Cheap co2 inflator worked for me when a track pump wouldn't

Pieface

Thanks all.

andyeez
    Free Member

I tried the garage pump but could only find ones that pumped pressure in at intervals and did not create the seal required. I find the best solution every time is to insert a tube, inflate, leave overnight then remove the tube by releasing ONE SIDE of the tyre from the rim. Then, put in the sealant and inflate with track pump. Worked everytime so far for me including non-tubeless tyres.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Help with ghetto tubeless’ is closed to new replies.