Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Help with Garmin Edge 520 and Strava Live Segments
  • lookmumnohands

I cant for the life of me get this to work and it is making me very angry…..

I have been out for a ride with the 520 and uploaded the activity to Strava via Garmin Connect without any problem. I have also created Strava segments which are showing in the ‘created segments’ tab on Strava.

However when I then disconnect my 520 and go to the device and look for segments, there are no segments saved.

Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help.

njee20
    Free Member

You need to “favourite” the segments via Strava, click on the little star. You don’t need to have created them yourself.

You need to be a premium Strava member too.

lookmumnohands

Thanks Njee

I have already starred them and I do have a premium membership.

Seems like there is a step missing where I transfer them to the device?

Thanks for your help its driving me mad!

geordiepaul
    Free Member

Once starred they sync automatically when you sync your device. I do mine over Bluetooth using my phone.

njee20
    Free Member

Yep, without wifi on the device you have to pair with your phone. I’d expect it to do it when you plug it in though. I’ve got a 1000, so not an issue 😉

stevious

You need to make sure that your Strava account is linked appropriately with your Garmin Connect account. When I had a similar problem to you I had to do another log-in to strava from GC, creating a strava segments tile on my GC homepage. This was despite my having used GC to upload to strava for months beforehand.

lookmumnohands

Stevious – sounds like thats the issue, do you remember where you got the walkthrough from to do this?

Thanks

stevious

Sorry, I just faffed about until it worked. Wasn’t hard though, I think I just added a new panel (or used an existing one) to the homepage of GC.

onehundredthidiot

Doesn’t Garmin express try to link to strava? Also make sure its synch’d.

lookmumnohands

Finally got it sorted – thought I would share in case anyone has the same problem.

Even if you have already linked strava with garmin connect in some cases you need to unlink and re-link them before syncing with a new device.

The live segments should then appear in garmin connect for transfer to the device.

Hope that helps someone next time.

beano68
    Free Member

How many starred segments can you install on the 520?

allfankledup

Loads

The problem so far is turning the sods off. On a longish run I don’t want to be told about segments, on some short runs locally then maybe

Or turn the tunes off…driving me nuts

lookmumnohands

Fair point- you can disable them if you don’t want some or all of them coming up on a particular ride, but there is an element of ballache to it…..

beano68
    Free Member

Bloody thing ! I must have atleast 150 but only about 60 has sync’d … I’ve even unlinked and relinked 😐

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Holy thread resurrection! I canny seem to get the strava segments on there either, both accounts linked, segments started… Come on!!!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Starred, not started.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Help with Garmin Edge 520 and Strava Live Segments’ is closed to new replies.