Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Help with fork choice for Saracen Kili Flyer.
  • olderigetfasteriwas
    Free Member

Can’t decide on which forks to get for my Saracen Kili Flyer X.
    At the moment I’m looking at 130mm Rev Rct3’s or X fusion sweeps spaced down to 120mm, or possibly 130mm, not sure if you can run them at 130 though? Can’t really stretch to Pikes as on a budget.
    I’d like the X fusions as they are 34mm as opposed to 32mm, but they are heavier and its only a short travel bike, so wondering if I need the extra stiffness, also a bit concerned about the lack of adjustability on them, and can’t afford the Roughcut version.
    Prefer the look of the Rockshox with the black stanchions, and always had RS so know how to service them quickly etc.
    Any thoughts? Have a 120mm Reba on there at the moment from my hardtail, but it feels like it’s the weak point of the bike.

alishand

I’ve had 130mm RS Revelations (they come in fancy black stanchions now too I think?) on my Kili and they seem pretty much spot on. I’ve thought about over-forking it but never really had the need.

The other thing I did with the Kili was to install offset bearings in the frame, just to slacken things out a tad. It’s a totally underrated short travel weapon in my opinion, have fun building it up!

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I use 130mm RCT3 Revelations on mine too. 120/130 feels great to me, really fast all-rounder. I’d considered the Reba/SID as it’s a bit lighter, but in the end just went with the Rev as it was cheaper.

I stuck with RS as they are easy to home service too. Heard Pike’s are a bit more tricky.

Only have one issue with the bike – the rear mech cable bows out at the bottom bracket and rubs on the chainring. Need to fix a zip tie there or something.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Help with fork choice for Saracen Kili Flyer.’ is closed to new replies.