Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Help with camelbak skyline LR fit please
  • slowrider
    Free Member

Hello forum posse,

So I got one of these skyline camelbaks at a good price cos I like the idea of a pack that doesn’t jiggle up on to my shoulders in the rough stuff. I get that it’s going to feel different to a regular pack due to the low weight distribution but I’m just not sure I was setting it up right.

I wasn’t sure how to get the balance between the waist strap and the cinch cords right, then I struggled to find a balance between not taking any weight on my shoulders and having the shoulder straps flap about. Spent most of the ride faffing with it tbh.

Anyone got any idiot proof tips?

simondbarnes

I just put mine on like any other bag. Never really thought about it! Sorry, not much help.

slowrider
    Free Member

That’s reassuring, maybe I need to stop overthinking it and just use it as normal

davosaurusrex

I can’t get a decent fit with mine either. Find you have to tighten it down on your hips to stop it moving but when you’ve had a bit to drink it moves again so you’re continually tightening the waist belt, I CBA with that. If you run the waist belt higher up the pack slides up on the steep stuff and hits you in the back of the head. My old Charge was a much better fit

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

“I just put mine on like any other bag”
    This. I don’t think the idea is to take the weight off your shoulders completely so you have the straps flap about otherwise you might just as well use a bumbag. I don’t over tighten the hip straps either, I just have it all comfortable and find it fine, it’s more about having the weight lower on your back than high on your shoulders, kind of like a bumbag with shoulder straps?

davosaurusrex

If anyone wants to buy mine I think I might jog it on and try a Palos instead. Blue one, best colour IMO

singlespeedstu

Find you have to tighten it down on your hips to stop it moving but when you’ve had a bit to drink it moves again so you’re continually tightening the waist belt

That’s what the little straps are for. To compress the bladder as you empty it.

Stevet1
    Free Member

So I got one of these skyline camelbaks at a good price

Grrr… http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/gah-missing-a-bargain
    Davo, how much are you after?

davosaurusrex

Steve, was going to ask £50 posted. I know that’s not much less than the sale price but it’s half what I paid and I think I’d rather keep it otherwise

slowrider
    Free Member

Got mine from wiggle for £60. Seems to have gone back to £110 now

Stevet1
    Free Member

Got mine from wiggle for £60. Seems to have gone back to £110 now

Double GRRR.
    I’m waiting until they drop back again.

Stevet1
    Free Member

For info – dropped down to £54.99 now. Bought one.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Help with camelbak skyline LR fit please’ is closed to new replies.