Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Help with bleeding Avid Elixirs,not the usual problems
  • thejesmonddingo

I’ve got an Avid bleed kit,and am quite happy with my brakes and my ability to bleed them,but the little o-rings that form the seal where the tubing goes into the caliper and lever,have perished.Does anyone know what size they are and where I can get some?They’d fallen apart before I could measure them properly.
    Ta,Ian

pixelmix
    Free Member

My LBS (The Bike Chain) has a handy box of various teeny tiny Avid brake bits which would probably contain these O-rings. Try your (or indeed my) LBS.

epicbleedsolutions
    Free Member

Can you explain a little better exactly which o-rings you mean? Do you mean the o-rings that sit inside the bleed ports? You mentioned tubing, are you referring to the bleed kit there or the hydraulic brake hose?

thejesmonddingo

The brass fittings that are pushed onto the end of the tubing which connects to the syringe,and screw into the ports on the lever and caliper.
    Ian

thejesmonddingo

the black o-ring on the end of this fitting.
    Ian

epicbleedsolutions
    Free Member

Ah, ok. We can supply you with these, drop me a line via our online form over at http://www.epicbleedsolutions.com/contact

epicbleedsolutions
    Free Member

Hey Ian, I’ve received your mail but the email address you specified doesn’t seem to be accepting my replies?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Help with bleeding Avid Elixirs,not the usual problems’ is closed to new replies.