Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Help with bike price
  • astura
    Free Member

About 12 months back my father in laws mate bought an Orange 5 pro new for £3500 (has receipts) he has never ridden it and wants to sell!!

He knows he is going to take a big hit on the price but he has asked me what he can get for it? (I think he wants to sell it quickish)

Spec as follows:

Orange 5 pro Custom Build – Passion Red Frame
    Fox float ctd 140 15qr fork
    Mavic 321 Rims on Hope 2 evo red hubs
    Shimano xt clutch rear mech
    Hope Brakes
    Rockshox reverb
    Carbon answer pro taper bar
    Troy lee odi grips
    Race face stem
    SDG Bel air seat
    Schwalbe hobby nick tyres
    BLK pedals
    Racinf ralph rear
    Pro metal rear bike support stand

Its all new, I think he rode it once round the block and that’s it, any idea on price will help – thanks

astura
    Free Member

2013 model

astura
    Free Member

18″

iolo
    Free Member

1500 pound tops

bencooper
    Free Member

Yeah, I’d say £1000-£1500 – MTBs depreciate ridiculously quickly.

godzilla
    Free Member

Where is he based, I’m looking for something cheap-ish like that?

astura
    Free Member

West midlands

tomhoward

general rule is 50% in the first year, but given the condition he might do a bit better.

I’d ask £1900, but be prepared to take £1750

chilled76
    Free Member

I’d say about £2k if it really is nearly out of the box new condition.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

There’s a difference between what you/we think it’s worth and a selling price. Get it on pinkbike and maybe a classifieds on ebay. If he wants it sold in the next couple of weeks he’ll do best to try and not think about the price for fear of feeling a bit sick!

Saying that, if he can take a risk and allow 10% fees, ebay auction might work well as per this previous auction for something similar (CLICK ME)

chakaping
    Free Member

Yeah, I’d say £1000-£1500 – MTBs depreciate ridiculously quickly.

That’s a bit pessimistic for an unused Orange Five IMO, they do seem to keep their prices well s/h.

Ask £2k, but it’ll almost certainly go for £1,700 or more I reckon.

burrower
    Free Member

At the end of last year I purchased a orange 5 pro 2011 model which had basically never been used and not a scratch on it. It had a few upgrades and I was willing to pay 1300.00 for it. I think that a bike in ‘unused’ condition could fetch around 1700-1800 because they are good popular bikes. the purchaser is still making a massive saving from new.

would you be willing to sell the reverb separately? if so how much?

stomlinson
    Free Member

A mate of mine picked a minter up last year for 1700 quid yours sounds like a better spec and it’s got a reverb I would be trying for 2 grand

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

ask £2k
    settle for £1,750

bencooper
    Free Member

That’s a bit pessimistic for an unused Orange Five IMO, they do seem to keep their prices well s/h.

Fair enough – my only experience is selling customer trade-ins on eBay 😉

FuzzyWuzzy

Yeah I’d say up to £2k but you could be waiting a while at that price, £1500-1750 it should go much quicker but even then the potential market of people willing to spend large amounts on bikes without a warranty must be pretty small.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Help with bike price’ is closed to new replies.