Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Help with a Heckler head tube issue please
  • pimpmyride
    Free Member

Right then, iv'e got a 2007 Heckler and have just fitted an FSA Orbit XL 2 headset and at first I thought I hadn't got it all the way in right so gave it a few more persuasive hits and its still looks a tiny bit not in… let me explain, at the front of the headtube where the Santacruz sticker is it looks like there is a tiny little gap maybe 1mm more than at the back of the headtube (looking from sitting on seat) after installing the third time and now knowing for a fact its all the way in and sitting flat my theory is this… I think the either the headtube hole where the forks go through isn't pefectly dead centre (from the factory) or… the front part of the headtube is ever so slightly thicker in gage to the back.

So to recap the back looks like it sits slightly lower by maybe 1mm in the headtube than the front or the alloy is slightly thicker PHEW!!!

Does anyone have a clue what I mean? and does anyone have a Heckler with the same issue? or am I being so bloody anal about it being 1mm higher it the front than the back and need my head sorting out 🙁

Suggestions 🙂

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Do you mean the hole may not be reamed centrally in the headtube, or that your headtube doesn't appear to be faced?

Its difficult to tell from your description.

spooky_b329

A picture speaks a thousand words…especially one in focus, using macro mode if necessary 🙂

Have you tried assembling everything and seeing if the bars spin with no tight/loose spots?

klunky
    Free Member

All SC frames look like this. The head tube is butted and that is what you are looking at.

pimpmyride
    Free Member

I'll get a pic up later, but its hard to explain its almost like the front part of the headtube is a tiny bit thicker than the back, are all hecklers like this?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Pic needed. If the headset is seated then don't worry.

pimpmyride
    Free Member

Hoooray! just took the headset cup off AGAIN! and it is indeed factory made so there is some reinforcement at the front so that means all is spot on 🙂

Thanks anyway guys 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Help with a Heckler head tube issue please’ is closed to new replies.