Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Help with a decision. (Off road drop bar content)
  • wildc4rd
    Free Member

I’m looking for something just to tool around the local blues and bridleways. I have a carbon hardtail and 2 FS bikes, just want something I can ride up to the trail centre then mess about, or link up a load of nice local stuff. It won’t be silly, few rocks and roots but no jumps/drops.

I’ve internally narrowed it down to 2, the Spec’ Awol or the ‘dale Slate, I’m erring towards the slate purely as its ‘something different’ but wonder if the Awol would be a nicer ride off the trails being a 29er.

Thoughts on the 2, and other recommendations in what suddenly seems a busy category of bike.

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/bikes/road/adventure/awol/awol-comp/106554

https://www.evanscycles.com/cannondale-slate-ultegra-2017-adventure-road-bike-EV254011

onandon
    Free Member

The slate. Just because that specialized is **** hideous.

wildc4rd
    Free Member

Edited above, had linked the wrong specialized.

salad_dodger

I bought a Slate about a month ago and I love it. It’s great fun to do my usual 40 mile road loop and just turn off down every bridleway I see on the way and explore. Best £1350 I’ve ever spent.

lunge

Slate looks lovely but it has BB30 I think which is a one way trip to creaking.

JoB
    Free Member

the Slate because the AWOL weighs as much as a small planet

salad_dodger

I use to agree with you Lunge but no creaking so far (only 500ish miles so far) from the Slate or my Cannondale Slice which has covered considerably more miles. Outlasting BB86 by a long way.

miketually
    Free Member

Of those two: Slate if you want to ride over bumpy roads; AWOL if you want to do some proper off-road riding.

However, the correct answer is probably Singular Swift.

DickBarton

Surely the correct answer is one of the 3 you already own?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Help with a decision. (Off road drop bar content)’ is closed to new replies.