Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Help with 29er wheelset for around £200
  • BigR

Looking to invest in lighter wheels than my current (super heavy) Bontrager Rangers. I have read good and bad things about Superstar wheels but they look a possibility. Other options are Fulcrum Red Power XL or Shimano MT66 from Merlin. Keen on tubeless option. Any got any experience of the above or other suggestions given my limited budget.

twojumpers

I have superstar’s on mavic TN317 rims with sapim double butted spokes and they are great, only had them for a couple of months but they seem to be built nicely.
    I also have superstar hubs on my 26″ full suss and they are very good on that coping with lots of mud etc, only needed slight truing from time to time.

Sam

Looks like Superstar are doing Stans rims on their hubs for £200 – bargain…

weeksy

Winstanleys doing Hope Pro II evo’s on Crests for £270

BigR

Superstar feedback appears very variable but the wheels look worth a punt. Anyone tried the Fulcrum set?

collie
    Free Member

I have had the Fulcrum Red Metal 29 SL for over two years and cant fault them.
    They feel solid, the hubs have stood up to abuse in the peaks. I haven’t tried to convert them to tubeless as I like to change tyres regularly.
    You can get the Red Power xl for about £150 from Germay.

SimonR

Been running the OnOne 29″ wheels for about 6 months now. Still running true and smoothly despite the summer weather ….. think they came in at about £170 at the time and weight seemed competitive without spending considerably more.

MussEd
    Free Member
    vorlich
    Free Member

Running second hand SS rims on SS hubs here, The rims are rebranded AlexRims. Zero problems so far.

johnnystorm

Happy with my SS switch/crest combo. 🙂

ben1979
    Free Member

Superstar with Crests are unbeatable, free hubs are the only weak spot though, Switch EVO ali freehubs can shear, I have done 2 now

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Help with 29er wheelset for around £200’ is closed to new replies.