Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Help! Why have my 120-150mm u-turn Revs become 105-135mm!?
  • rockthreegozy
    Free Member

They sit on the hardtail, travel is rarely changed. But I notice yesterday they were sitting lower than usual- and their travel range has changed it seems!

Everything else appears to be ok.

tthew

Lost air pressure in the +ve chamber possibly. Having a higher -ve pulls them down into the travel.

Conan257
    Free Member

I had a similar thing with my dual air revs…

Too much -ve vs +ve pressure. Didn’t work just to top up one side though, had to empty both and start again.

warpcow
    Free Member

U-turn is a ‘solo-air’ type so no way to balance the two yourself. Happened to my air u-turn Pikes. Changing the o-ring between the chambers helped and making sure it was never dry (squirt a couple of ml’s of fork oil through the valve once every so often).

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

They are definetly dual air warpcow. 2010 teams if it makes a difference.

I know about the negative/positive imbalance, so a seal is what I expect when they get opened!

lesoxdh
    Free Member

When was the last time they was service. Could be the seal head has gone and you have too much oil in the lower legs now.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Seal head? Been a while!

Northwind

My Teams have a habit, over time, of pushing air from the positive chamber into the negative, which gives the effect you describe. Just need the pressures reset and they’re fine. Is it that?

warpcow – Member

U-turn is a ‘solo-air’ type so no way to balance the two yourself.

Nah, just completely wrong.

lesoxdh
    Free Member
    warpcow
    Free Member

Nah, just completely wrong.

😳 Not sure how I got that one wrong. I even have them sitting in the other room and topped them up just the other day 😳

The rest of what I said still worked for me though.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Help! Why have my 120-150mm u-turn Revs become 105-135mm!?’ is closed to new replies.